Home

One complaint

This is a discussion on One complaint within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
One complaint

Alright, so I'm playing my Vanderbilt dynasty right now. Second game of the season at Arkansas. On paper, or at least on the depth chart the teams match up fairly well. They have a better ranking than me, but overall my defense has better rated players as does my offense. There running back is going ape nuts on me right now. He has close to 300 yards rushing and 5 TDs already. Ya, and it's not even the end of the 3rd quarter and so far it looks like he won't be taking a seat on the bench, along with any of the rest of the team. They were winning 35-7 at halftime, it's not 56-0. Cutler has 4 INTs thrown. I can't do anything on offense, I can't stop the run. They've thrown like 3 times and 2 of those have been touchdowns. I'm never this bad at all. All they do is hand off and let the back do the rest. None of my guys are tackling at all. It's overall just a ridiculous game.

The whole point of this is, do they ever take out the starters? Good grief, you're up by f*&%(#$ 49, you don't need your dang starters in anymore. This is ridiculous. I could understand if they took out the starters and put the bench players in and it was still kind of a blow out but now all they are doing is rubbing it in. This is ridiculous. I've thrown 2 INTs inside the redzone. I can't comprehend how bad this game is right now.

Any tips on how to pass or how to stop the run or anything would be much appreciated. I need some serious help. Again I'm never this bad normally. I'm playing with 6 min. quarters on all-american with pretty much default sliders, just bumped up to allow more protection in the pocket for me.

Please help!!!!!!!

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: One complaint

I have only had the comp put in the starters when I am blowing them out, then again i have never completed a game where I have been blown out. When they have put them in it has been mid fourth quater, regardless of score
Old 12-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I got blown out early in my NCAA career. I've seen the CPU do it a couple of times where they sub their guys in. I almost came back one time because of it and they put the starters back in (except for the QB I think).

On default AA, you need to practice if you can't stop the running game. Blitzing can help and choose the 4-4 formation if you have to. Bring in more big bodies. Just playing cover 2 man and bringing the safeties up should help too. What position are you playing on D where you are getting run over? I like to play with a safety, weakside LB or MLB.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

I usually play with a DE or the impact OLB. More often than not I'm the DE.

I usually went from the 4-3 and just kept doing either OLB mid blitzes or OLB outside blitzes. Mix in man cover 2 or cover 1 and bring up the safeties. still got smoked.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 12-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #5
MVP

DrDoom77's Arena

OVR: 7

I've been playing with a cupcake team that was really, really bad, so I've been blown out numerous times. In my experience, the CPU takes out the starters once he has a 50-point lead in the 3rd quarter. As the game gets later, the lead he needs before subbing players gets smaller. I remember seeing him sub out his starters after he gained a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter, once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #6
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

believe it or not I was playing the cpu a they took out their starting QB because he threw 3 ints in first half, I have NEVER seen this happen since, btw the cpu most of the time in my dynasty takes out the starters if the game has gotten out of hand!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I was playing Florida the other day and they took their starters out fairly early(late 3rd, early 4th) when they were up by 4 or 5 TDs.

Thing is, I almost made a comeback. I was down by two scores and kicking the onside with a little over 2 minutes left after having converted the onside a few plays before. Unfortunately, I couldn't get this one and eventually lost by like 3 scores.

... and they never put their starters back in.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I've seen starters pulled in the 4th, and on occasion even seen them come back in when I closed the gap, but I don't remember how close I got. I've also seen a new QB at least 4-5 times in 10 seasons after the starter thew 3-4 INTs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »