Home

I need some recruiting help.

This is a discussion on I need some recruiting help. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I need some recruiting help.

I usually have a Top 5 recruiting class but rarely am I able to sign more than 15 players. What can I do to sign more players.

Also, if anyone has advice on signing the top players each year, please share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I need some recruiting help.

1) Get the players that have your school in their top 2 or 3 teams.
2) You need 3 stars and some 2 stars to fill your roster - they oftentimes have you as the #1 through #3 rated team of their choices.
3) Establish pipelines - recruit in different states. It may take three or four years, but its worth it.

As for getting ALL of the best players, ain't gonna happen. And it shouldn't. USC, the Florida schools, etc. sign many 2 and 3 star players to fill out rosters.

Last year, as reference, Nebraska signed 30 kids.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #3
Rookie

chuck4171's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit
1) Get the players that have your school in their top 2 or 3 teams.
2) You need 3 stars and some 2 stars to fill your roster - they oftentimes have you as the #1 through #3 rated team of their choices.
3) Establish pipelines - recruit in different states. It may take three or four years, but its worth it.

As for getting ALL of the best players, ain't gonna happen. And it shouldn't. USC, the Florida schools, etc. sign many 2 and 3 star players to fill out rosters.

Last year, as reference, Nebraska signed 30 kids.
I concure...if you trying to fill your roster with 5 star players all the time good luck. If you don't have a spot to fill, or your trying to simply imporve over what you've got...it'll be hard to get the 5 star recruits.

I leave some three stars hanging (if i'm using a 6 star prestige team). At times i've had guys sign that i didn't fully recruit, simply gave points the first week, then went right back and removed the points. I still got a recruiting report about his interests, but never actually recruited him at the end of the week, or at least it didn't seem to take away recruiting points for what i've been calling "pseudo scouting." or "scout" them for the 3-6 recruiting points...that can keep some interested.

Another key i find that i'm not sure if people are using as a tool...if you browse the lsit of position and ATH, sometimes you'll see a red arrow. This doesn't mean he doesn't want to come to your school...the exact oppposite. I throw a few points at them and watch my school climb back into their radar for schools. They started loosing interest since you didn't recruit them. They are typically guys who didn't have your school in the top 5 choices...but would still consider coming to your school for a shcolarship.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Select the recruits that you want but use the 2 point phone call on everyone. Then goto current recruits and pick the top one and send the house until you run out of points. Then goto the ones that still have the 2pt p/c and go in like you are going to change it to something better, since you dont have the points to bump up exit. Then go right back into the same player, this time it will have bumped you up 1 spot...to head coach p/c I believe. Anyway you can continue to go out and back in bumping up each time till you get to head coach in home visit (sorry cant send the house on everyone).

I usually set my budget at 22/56/22 every year and have great results.

Kinda cheap but makes for great classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »