Home

What is considered Scramble???

This is a discussion on What is considered Scramble??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
What is considered Scramble???

I'm just curious how EA decides the scramble percentage for ONLINE players.... Today I used Texas for the second time ever--- and only because I'm trying to get my WIN with EVERY TOP 25 team trophy.
(Texas, Pitt and Auburn remaining)

I'm very picky about who I play... and try to hand-pick my opponents by looking at Scramble, No Huddle, Shotgun and DNFs. I absolutely will not play no one that scrambles or no-huddles more than 10%... and anyone that runs Gun over 40%-- BECAUSE they are probably running HB Direct as a means of assisting their running game stats.

Anyway, my opponent was using Ohio State. His scramble numbers were under 6% going into the game. Well... to make a long story short. Every time that he passed the ball he sprinted his quarterback outside of the pocket and threw a bomb or an out/corner route. IF the receiver was covered he would take off running with the QB in typical cheeser fashion. I ran all kinds of defense at him from bringing both outside safety's in 3-3-5 and 4-2-5. I also ran Dime Hulk 2 and a variety of different blitzes. It didn't matter because he sprinted to the corner with the pass/run option.

I ended up losing 31-28 after he no-huddled down the field on his last drive but I haven't been this upset about a loss in a long time. I mean, I had Vince Young and refused to run him or take him out of the pocket in a passing situation.

But to play someone who ran the QB EVERY SINGLE PLAY... and to see the stats that EA sent me in an email after the game. And it stated that he only scrambled 4 times the whole game. Something is wrong.

Oh well... I guess this happens also when you don't pick up the controller in almost 6 weeks until recently. But man, I had to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What is considered Scramble???

I think it's only considered a scramble if they run with the ball. I've been wondering the same because I had a guy do the same but ALWAYS threw the ball because I had spies out there waiting on him and the email after the game said 0 scrambles.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
Nyydus

Catch28's Arena

OVR: 6

they only count the ones where the QB actually passes the LOS
Old 12-17-2005, 07:39 PM   #4
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

It's always been a problem on EA games. That was my main gripe. If that didn't happen I would still be playing NCAA. If they improve the defense awareness greatly im guessing those plays won't be as successful.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
It's always been a problem on EA games. That was my main gripe. If that didn't happen I would still be playing NCAA. If they improve the defense awareness greatly im guessing those plays won't be as successful.
they need a stat like "throws outside of the pocket" % and that would help alot..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2005, 12:49 AM   #6
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12

scrambling QBs ruin football video games..... Vick on Madden. Young, lil Vick, and Smith in NCAA ..... they need to fix this
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I agree, that stuff pisses me off. It's tough, but the only thing you can do is learn how to shut it down. I still can't beat Texas (I always use TCU) b/c Vince Young is so overrated, but I will usually contain/shut down most of the 2nd tier scrambling QB's. The pure scramblers really aren't a problem, I will almost always beat a player like that. I only have trouble when a guy will actually legitimately run the ball consistently and mix that in with the scrambling. It's hard to stop then.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
I agree, that stuff pisses me off. It's tough, but the only thing you can do is learn how to shut it down. I still can't beat Texas (I always use TCU) b/c Vince Young is so overrated, but I will usually contain/shut down most of the 2nd tier scrambling QB's. The pure scramblers really aren't a problem, I will almost always beat a player like that. I only have trouble when a guy will actually legitimately run the ball consistently and mix that in with the scrambling. It's hard to stop then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
scrambling QBs ruin football video games..... Vick on Madden. Young, lil Vick, and Smith in NCAA ..... they need to fix this
Yeah well it's hard to stop in real life too. There is a reason Texas is unbeaten and playing in the National Championship game...it's because a QB who can run like mad and pass is really hard to stop. I don't think it needs "fixed" so much as EA needs to have a profile which better shows you people who play this way so that you can avoid them if you so desire. But then again, you can always back out of a game when someone chooses Texas in NCAA or the Falcons in Madden.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »