Home

Anyone else tried this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else tried this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

tecmorox81's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone else tried this?

I was coaching at Illinois and got the prestige up to 6 star so I decided to try my luck at 2* Navy. When I took over they becamse 1* but that was cool with me. When I got to recruiting I figured I would just retool a totaly new team so I cranked the Recruiting % up to 70 and put 0% for Training. When I got to the off-season recruiting I found that I only had 50 points!!

I loaded my back-up dynasty and tried Navy with 30% recruiting the normal level and only got 25 points.

Is it just because I'm a low star, Independent school, or just because I'm Navy and I would prolly get the same thing done to me at Army.

Any info on what the problem is would help me out a lot because next season I'm just gonna get a team full of walk-ons and train them 80%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Anyone else tried this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecmorox81
I was coaching at Illinois and got the prestige up to 6 star so I decided to try my luck at 2* Navy. When I took over they becamse 1* but that was cool with me. When I got to recruiting I figured I would just retool a totaly new team so I cranked the Recruiting % up to 70 and put 0% for Training. When I got to the off-season recruiting I found that I only had 50 points!!

I loaded my back-up dynasty and tried Navy with 30% recruiting the normal level and only got 25 points.

Is it just because I'm a low star, Independent school, or just because I'm Navy and I would prolly get the same thing done to me at Army.

Any info on what the problem is would help me out a lot because next season I'm just gonna get a team full of walk-ons and train them 80%.
Yep...this screwed me over too. The best thing to do is auto-recruit with a small amount of points. The CPU will get you 8-10 prospects, with 1-2 ***.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

tecmorox81's Arena

If I gain more prestige will I get points or is it just Navy?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:40 PM   #4
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecmorox81
If I gain more prestige will I get points or is it just Navy?
One star teams generally get virtually no recruiting points. In-season recruiting is very important. Now, I've gotten to being a one star team and not allowing myself to recruit in-season, which is a real challenging thing.

Anyhow, once you become a 3-star team or so, you'll be better off. Also, being in a major conference gives you some more points.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie

tecmorox81's Arena

Well I hurt myself by playing a weak schedule as an independent and only got 1 5* center.

Next season I plan on going 75% training with no recruiting, build up the guys I got now then start my recruiting next season.

Thanks for your answers. I thought I was doomed to 0 recruiting points for my entire stent at Navy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2005, 09:16 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have found the number of recruiting points most heavily relies on number of wins in the previous year. I got one win with Rice and had 27 points. I think prestige does play a roll but number of wins even more so. I was Temple, a 1 * and went .500 over one season. I was able to max out recruiting points at around 160 or so.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

i am in my 3rd year with Army and recruiting is tough. You must use in season to get a 4 or 5 star recruit because it want happen in off season. Wins definately tie in to recruiting as well as a bowl bid. Also you need to stay close to home and recruit kids who want to play for you. Getting 10 kids to sign is tough. Last year I had 22 scholarships and only signed 10 kids. Right now i am lucky cause I signed 3 in season. MY first 2 years i only singed 2 in season.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Started with Central Michigan - one star team. All my good (4* and 3* recruits) signed in-season. Only two-stars and below were interested in me in off-season recruiting.

Really only had about 70 points to work with from year-to-year:
Off-season after 2005 year: Ranked 49th (One 4*, four 3* - 17 total)
2006: #66 (Two 3* - 20 total)
2007: #56 (Three 3* - 17 total)
2008: #44 (Two 4*, four 3* - 22 total)

Then I went to Louisville (33% recruiting points) and my first week, I get 55 points! What up with that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »