Home

Legendary Mode

This is a discussion on Legendary Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2
Legendary Mode

Try taking the worst D-1 team (Idaho), putting the difficulty on Heisman, and the sliders all 0% for human and 100% for cpu. The hardest possible combination.

HINT: you will get blown out most games during the first season.. during your first recruiting season, it is critical that your recruit a scrambling QB. This should be your main focus. During the second season you should be able to score some points using shotgun option, scrambles, and deep balls off play action; however it will be nearly impossible to keep the CPU out of the endzone. In fact it feels awesome when you do get a stop.

By seasons 3 and 4 you may be able to win 2 or 3 games; and your games will turn into high-scoring scramble fests, which gets redundant and actually killed my interest. A self-imposed limit of QB speed of 70 would fix it.. I might do that. Give it a try, see what you think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #2

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Legendary Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb0581
Try taking the worst D-1 team (Idaho), putting the difficulty on Heisman, and the sliders all 0% for human and 100% for cpu. The hardest possible combination.

HINT: you will get blown out most games during the first season.. during your first recruiting season, it is critical that your recruit a scrambling QB. This should be your main focus. During the second season you should be able to score some points using shotgun option, scrambles, and deep balls off play action; however it will be nearly impossible to keep the CPU out of the endzone. In fact it feels awesome when you do get a stop.

By seasons 3 and 4 you may be able to win 2 or 3 games; and your games will turn into high-scoring scramble fests, which gets redundant and actually killed my interest. A self-imposed limit of QB speed of 70 would fix it.. I might do that. Give it a try, see what you think...
The scramble fest is just the way you choose to play... You can easily go after O-Line and a pocket passer.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
The scramble fest is just the way you choose to play... You can easily go after O-Line and a pocket passer.
I went into this dynasty knowing that Legendary mode would be nearly impossible. Most people have a hard time winning games with decent teams on Heisman and default sliders. So, having a terrible team and sliders maxed out against me... well, I knew the challenge ahead of me.

Having said that, I started fresh, started from scratch, pretended I knew nothing about NCAA, and just did my damndest to win ballgames. I had that "anything goes" mentality - and, trust me, the CPU is so good at this level that it demands this mentality if you want to stay within 50 points. If the competitive evolution of the game took me in a certain direction - regardless of what it is - then fine. The direction happened to be scrambling QBs.

In short, scrambling with a fast QB is the best and most effective way to score points against Legendary mode, as far as I can tell. Now that this has been proven and has gotten redundant, even though I didn't win a ton of games with it, a QB speed cap has become necessary.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #4

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb0581
I went into this dynasty knowing that Legendary mode would be nearly impossible. Most people have a hard time winning games with decent teams on Heisman and default sliders. So, having a terrible team and sliders maxed out against me... well, I knew the challenge ahead of me.

Having said that, I started fresh, started from scratch, pretended I knew nothing about NCAA, and just did my damndest to win ballgames. I had that "anything goes" mentality - and, trust me, the CPU is so good at this level that it demands this mentality if you want to stay within 50 points. If the competitive evolution of the game took me in a certain direction - regardless of what it is - then fine. The direction happened to be scrambling QBs.

In short, scrambling with a fast QB is the best and most effective way to score points against Legendary mode, as far as I can tell. Now that this has been proven and has gotten redundant, even though I didn't win a ton of games with it, a QB speed cap has become necessary.
I think Im gonna go pick up NCAA again (stupid little brothers cannot handle discs), and give it a try. Scrambling QBs are definately better in games though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »