Home

Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2006, 02:52 PM   #25
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

http://www.xboxtoday.ca/01262006/13/..._your_xbox_360

in this article is states that you can use another hard drive on your xbox(not sure if its possible cause i dont have one yet) But if this is true couldnt you save your game files unto the harddrive and then take the harddrive and hook back on your pc and share the files that way.

I'm just speaking from theory because i have no clue what you put on the hard drive or take off the hard drive becasue i dont have a 360 as of yet.

Can someone please help me on my theory
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #26
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Sorry, you can only use that drive for media (pictures/video) and not for saves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
http://www.xboxtoday.ca/01262006/13/..._your_xbox_360

in this article is states that you can use another hard drive on your xbox(not sure if its possible cause i dont have one yet) But if this is true couldnt you save your game files unto the harddrive and then take the harddrive and hook back on your pc and share the files that way.

I'm just speaking from theory because i have no clue what you put on the hard drive or take off the hard drive becasue i dont have a 360 as of yet.

Can someone please help me on my theory
Old 02-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #27
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchild19
http://www.360gamesaves.com/

people have figured out how to edit your mem card so have a usb port on it so u can conect to pc... i dont no if i am capable enough to make this kind of tool havent checked it out.. but i would buy it from someone online if we were gonna see a roster file up there...

EDIT: turns out they will be comming out w/ an adapter for your memcard to use it... much like AR
Posted on the College Hoops board.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
Regardless of how the rosters can be transferred for NCAA '07 on the 360... I will be releasing rosters once again this summer.

It seems that the most likely way for everyone to acquire them would be to purchase a memory card and mail them to me.... as many do right now. It would definitely be more convenient though if there was a device similar to the current Action Replay (who I should have royalties for all the people that have purchased them striclty for my XBOX NCAA rosters). Or if EA does expand on the whole EA Locker thing.

If anyone does find any news on a solution for how the rosters are transferred please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or visit my website ( y'know- the one in my sig. Look down!!)
Fairdale, this sounds like an option, and I would happily buy another memory card for rosters, but I am not sure this option will work either...at this point anyway. I don't believe that you can move a save from the hard drive to a memory card, so I don't know how you would be able to move the rosters to everyone's memory card.

I am glad to hear that you will be doing them and I hope a solution presents itself in the next few months.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianHaoles
Fairdale, this sounds like an option, and I would happily buy another memory card for rosters, but I am not sure this option will work either...at this point anyway. I don't believe that you can move a save from the hard drive to a memory card, so I don't know how you would be able to move the rosters to everyone's memory card.

I am glad to hear that you will be doing them and I hope a solution presents itself in the next few months.
You can move saves from the Hard Drive to the memory card. That will not be a problem.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraider32
You can move saves from the Hard Drive to the memory card. That will not be a problem.
For the 360, I thought you were only able to move a profile to a memory card, but not game saves. I know I had problems when I tried it. I thought MS's reasoning behind this was because of the Gamerscore, hacks, etc, and that the 360 was not allowing this. If I am wrong, that is great news, we need a way to upload rosters.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #31
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianHaoles
For the 360, I thought you were only able to move a profile to a memory card, but not game saves. I know I had problems when I tried it. I thought MS's reasoning behind this was because of the Gamerscore, hacks, etc, and that the 360 was not allowing this. If I am wrong, that is great news, we need a way to upload rosters.
That's how folks defeated the lockup bug in NHl2k6 by moving their saves to a memory card, reformatting, and going again so you can definitely move saves to a memory card for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #32
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

ya i would think that you can just save a roster file straight onto a memory card.

FairDale, if you are doing the 360 rosters, I know you will have at least one person send a memory card.

Also, what is your plan? Do you plan on doing Xbox first, then ps2, then 360?

Thanks for all you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »