Home

Pass rushing

This is a discussion on Pass rushing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Pass rushing

I'm trying to get the pass blocking for the CPU balanced on Heisman since my pass rush seems neutered and I have noticed some things. I have human break block at 65 and have sinced dropped CPU pass block down to 20. Huge advantage right? But when I have a good matchup in my favour, ie. a DE with an overall rating of at least 10 points or better than the opposing offensive tackle, they still seem to get stalemated the vast majority of the time (when I don't control them).

I did find though that when I slant my defensive lineman (not shift) left or right, their pass rush improves a lot. I personally only slanted the line when I wanted to help out the run on the strong side. I didn't think when I was in a dime package against a 4 WR set that it would or should make such a difference but it does seem to improve this a lot. This is probably true on all difficulty levels. Anybody else notice this or have pass rush techniques to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Pass rushing

I play on Heisman with Human BB at 50 and CPU Pass Block at 70. I only control the DT and I usually end up wit around 3 sacks a game sometimes more sometimes less, but it is statistically accurate. Rarely does the DT I control end up with the sack. Usually the DE or OLB.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Pass rushing

I play on Heisman with the sliders at default. I control the RDE and usually get a lot of pressure.

I finished this past year with 11 sacks but the most I have gotten was 16. It feels good knowing that you were responsible for collapsing the pocket and helping your teammates get a sack. And it feels even better when a player you controlled all year gets named an All-American.

I still have to work on defending the run and not rushing too far upfield though. Mobile QBs seem to realize this and run straight by you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »