Home

Improve One Thing

This is a discussion on Improve One Thing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Improve One Thing

If you could change only one thing about this game for 2007, what would you change?

For me I would say the short passing game. The spacing in the zone defenses makes this hard and the risk-reward for throwing short is simply too tough compared to throwing deep. Its easier to complete the deep ball and less risky than relying on throwing slants and curls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30
Re: Improve One Thing

All I ask for it the recievers to hold onto the ball more often when it hits them in the chest. Other than that I love the game.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 02-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The problem is too many things need to be addressed but if I had to choose only one it's the same one that I ask them to improve in all their football games. Front 7 play. The interaction IMO is just ..... ehhh I'll be nice.

Last edited by LBzrule; 02-19-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
Living The Dream!

Victor99's Arena

OVR: 9
Thumbs up Re: Improve One Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The problem is too many things need to be addressed but if I had to choose only one it's the stame one that I ask them to improve in all their football games. Front 7 play. The interaction IMO is just ..... ehhh I'll be nice.
Agreed. More control on defense. I like playing as a linebacker, but it's hard because you get taken out of the plays a lot due to being sucked up by offensive linemen.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

More realistic Special Teams. I've been saying this for years. The ability to block Extra Points and FG's is badly needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I def. agree with the short- to medium-range passing game. In '06 it seemed like the CPU played mostly zone and you wound up throwing more INT's or having balls knocked down trying to complete 5-15 yard passes. Very frustrating.

I'd also improve the deep ball defense for both human and CPU. Those bombs were too easy to complete in '06.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
For me I would say the short passing game. The spacing in the zone defenses makes this hard and the risk-reward for throwing short is simply too tough compared to throwing deep. Its easier to complete the deep ball and less risky than relying on throwing slants and curls.
I agree completely...and I am still playing 2004!
Completing a long pass should be exctiting, but in this game it just feels cheesey. So I practically never throw the long ball....which leads to alot of drops on short passes.

I wonder why EA hasn't addressed this after all these years? Perhaps it wouldn't be as good a selling point as create a girlfriend?? Or maybe they are worried that a large percentage of the fan base would be upset if they couldn't consistantly throw deep into triple coverage???
Old 02-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8

I would love to see a better way of how the goaline defense and offense is played. I want to see jumping over the line and a QB sneak where the QB lowers his shoulder and tries for the extra 2 inches.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »