Home

Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years?

This is a discussion on Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #9
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years?

haha...Ncaa football 05 and 06 sucked ..Madden was much better games then them on the Normal Xbox versions , I personaly even have more fun playin the Madden 360 game then NCAA 06.

Ncaa Football 2003 and 2004= Were just Plain Great and How did they screw these new one's up
Old 04-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #10
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll say that the NCAA series has been way better than madden over the last few years. I can never get past the stale feeling of Madden both gameplay wise and presentation.

I think the HFA "innovation" would have been great if it was toned down a couple of notches. I thought impact player was just cheese....was not needed at all. Luckily you could turn off HFA...can't remember if you could for impact player.

Short and middle passing really really need to be adressed in this year's NCAA.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 30

I never got in to NFL2ks. The controls were too differant and with how much multiplayer I play, I couldn't afford to learn them. In my opinion, if NCAA 2004 for the PS2 (not Xbox) on All American settings had the ability to switch the play at the line, it'd be the best sports game. That said, Madden 05 is probably my favorite for quick games (the dynasty mode sucks do to players improving too much) and NCAA 2006 for dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't think NCAA has been even close to the most realistic game last few years. Madden and ESPN were much more realistic.

But NCAA is a lot of fun, and does a great job capturing the college atmosphere, so people (including myself) overlook it not being that realistic.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

NCAA 2006 was an enjoyable game to me. I absolutely love it's control scheme; it allowed for so much creativity and felt really right in terms of playing the "skill" positions. It's messed up that it's so hampered by the front 7 play inherent in the Madden engines (and as someone else noted, the middle of the field is usually open).

2k5 is still amazing to me though - if only because of the feature list. It's like they threw the kitchen sink AND the plumbing into the game, AND it had a short turnaround in terms of development time (2k4 came out in late Sept/early Oct of 2003, 2k5 released a week after NCAA the following year in July I think). Online leagues WITH full individual online stat tracking in an ESPN.com-like interface? New Passing system, new juke system, better OL/DL interaction/better tackling (no game has the level of player interaction 2K has/had), FPF... The list goes on and on. Many of things they accomplished two years ago still haven't even been attempted.

Those two sit alone at the top of the list. I thought Madden 2006 for current gen was actually pretty good because they did a really good job with the playbooks and team tendencies. But it plays so freaking sluggish and player interaction is horrible
Old 04-17-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

NCAA has been the most realistic and best football game for quite some time now thanks to two things:

1. The dev team seem to really strive to do all they can to ensure the best game possible within the time frame they are given to complete the game (unlike Madden which seems to coast).

2. The dev team is alot more in touch with and knowledgeable about what people who buy the game like and dislike and they make more of an effort than anyone else to improve the game based on that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-17-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't think NCAA has been the best football game any year since its debut on the PS2. Until EA can get player interaction correct, their games will always be boring in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
NCAA has been the most realistic and best football game for quite some time now thanks to two things:

1. The dev team seem to really strive to do all they can to ensure the best game possible within the time frame they are given to complete the game (unlike Madden which seems to coast).

2. The dev team is alot more in touch with and knowledgeable about what people who buy the game like and dislike and they make more of an effort than anyone else to improve the game based on that.

I dont want to start ANOTHER EA/TT football war but, how can you say NCAA has been the most REALISTIC? As long as they keep using the same Madden engine and PS1 player interactions NCAA along with Madden will always be below TT as far realism. Now dont get me wrong I LOVE NCAA to me it is better than Madden and ALOT funner. But in no way is it even close to 2k5 in terms of realsim and player interaction, the two things EA football games are lacking(Sad to say the 2 most important things also). But I guess to each his own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »