Home

Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years?

This is a discussion on Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Why has NCAA been the best football game in the past four years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
No, it is not easy to defend the deep ball when you try to swat it and it goes through the player's arms and goes into the hands of the reciever, or when the ball goes pass the reciever but somehow gets sucked into their hands etc etc.
i agree somewhat with both of you, the deep ball is easier to defend if you get good at swatting but it's STILL wayyy too powerful in that game. i could understand if it was deadly with great QB's at big schools but in NCAA you can even hit bombs with muppet schools with alarming regularity.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i agree somewhat with both of you, the deep ball is easier to defend if you get good at swatting but it's STILL wayyy too powerful in that game. i could understand if it was deadly with great QB's at big schools but in NCAA you can even hit bombs with muppet schools with alarming regularity.
With most muppet schools hitting the bomb is not the issue, it's getting the play off. If you've got 2 people around the ball it is rarely caught. If you're in man by yourself, "muppet schools" aren't so bad they can't catch the ball.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #35
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
With most muppet schools hitting the bomb is not the issue, it's getting the play off. If you've got 2 people around the ball it is rarely caught. If you're in man by yourself, "muppet schools" aren't so bad they can't catch the ball.
100% right, but no game not 2k5 madden or Ncaa has realistic line play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #36
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
100% right, but no game not 2k5 madden or Ncaa has realistic line play.
2k5 is still way closer than both madden and ncaa.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree. The ultimate football game would be to combine NCAA gameplay, 2K presentation and Madden 360-ish graphics. I don't think i'd ever leave home!
Ultimate for me would be NCAA 2006 control, Madden 2006 playbooks, everything else 2K5 w/graphics and AI souped up for the 360
Old 04-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #38
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
2k5 is still way closer than both madden and ncaa.
Not even close, In 2k5 you can completely dominate the game with a good defensive tackle. I don't know how many times I have played that game and seen a user controlled DT get 5 sacks in a game.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Not even close, In 2k5 you can completely dominate the game with a good defensive tackle. I don't know how many times I have played that game and seen a user controlled DT get 5 sacks in a game.
I'd think that's likely something that's easily tweakable though. Neither NCAA, Madden, or Madden next gen has shown so much as a hint at improved OL/DL play

Just to add, I should say I never saw this problem myself. And the fact is a stud DT should be able to disrupt the game and have to be accounted for, just like a stud LB or stud DE. In both NCAA and Madden, when your lineman gets blocked, he's LOCKED into that animation - you can't do a swim move, jump... nothing. I think it depends who initiates the animation first. In 2K when that occurs, you can still pull off moves freely and the lineman will react to those moves realistically - doesn't mean you'll be successful, it's just that the reaction that's produced is more what would happen in real life.

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 04-19-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #40
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
A defensive tackle? You can dominate with defensive ends but tackles are different. I don't know how you can say that 2k5 isn't even close, madden and ncaa don't even have interaction between two lineman. All they have is the "suck and hold". You get sucked into a blocker who could be nowhere near you and facing a different direction and then you are stuck there. There are barely any moves to help you get out and the moves that they do have are not effective at all. In 2k5 at least they have animations for offensive and defensive linemen. You can actually see them fighting for leverage and the blocks actually make sense. If I could upload movies I would show you clips of the defensive and offensive linemen actually fighting on the line. maybe it's just cause I'm a defensive lineman, but I love what they have in 2k5.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »