Home

IGN Preivew/videos are up

This is a discussion on IGN Preivew/videos are up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: IGN Preivew/videos are up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would they be focusing on next gen last year when EA didnt release a next gen NCAA game?
Thats what everyone was using as their excuse to protect EA. Most people blamed the lowly upgrade to the fact that EA was focusing on next-gen. I knew that wasn't the case but try getting EA fanboys to listen to you is impossible.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
My guess is that EA anit lazy there just work on a " if its not broke dont fix it" gameplan. Ncaa football has been the best football game put out mostly every year so it will sell and people just love madden so that will sell, EA just add gimmicks and "new" features every year without upgrading gameplay or the graphics that much because they think its not broke with all of the sells they get. So in theory they wont upgrade anything unless they drop in sells, dont get me wrong I love EA football games and basically grew up pl;aying them, but lets face it the gameplay is basically the same as madden 94.
Which is why it IS broke. It's been used up, its dry now. Its 2006 and next-gen is here. Its time to move on from the same old stuff.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #51
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Gee I sure hate to be the barrer of reality, but um it seems like we have the same CRAP again. Horrible player interaction and a new "gimmick". This is a joke but then again what do you except........ Oh wait I know how about working on real player interactions and realistic animations. But why would we do that when CRAP sells 80 billions copies a year. Sorry to be so pessimistic but man I was really hoping for a "new" engine this year oh well.....
I feel ya...i'd be happy with better player interactions & animations. All of this should be to be fixed using the current engine its just motion capture... Player models can also be updated without using a new engine. EA just isnt that detailed when it comes to gameplay. I watched the vids and players are still skating around & and dancing together a the line of scrimmage...Disgusting may they will change some things to make the game experience more realistic. Dont need that matrix azz bs they are putting in actual gameplay...Leave that for replays. Gameplay is smooth but look at the animations....player interactions uuuuhhhh? Get tid of those stupid celebrations...Just doesnt happen in CF..For God sakes EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 30

There isn't much more they can do on this console. I'm sure they added a few more animations, but they aren't going to build a whole new engine for 1 game. Have any of you complainers played other NCAA games? I mean Gambreaker's been horrible since the switch to the PS2 and NCAA 2k was absolute crap. Will it ever improve that much? No, it won't. NCAA 2004 had every major thing, now all they can do is a bunch of little things. There's no big feature to add besides more ESPN integration (and maybe a playoff, but I think that could be a NCAA issue). Every suggestion has just been gameplay tweaks which they're working on. At this point there's not going to be a huge addition like there was with dynasty mode or SI.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
There isn't much more they can do on this console. I'm sure they added a few more animations, but they aren't going to build a whole new engine for 1 game. Have any of you complainers played other NCAA games? I mean Gambreaker's been horrible since the switch to the PS2 and NCAA 2k was absolute crap. Will it ever improve that much? No, it won't. NCAA 2004 had every major thing, now all they can do is a bunch of little things. There's no big feature to add besides more ESPN integration (and maybe a playoff, but I think that could be a NCAA issue). Every suggestion has just been gameplay tweaks which they're working on. At this point there's not going to be a huge addition like there was with dynasty mode or SI.
See thats the whole thing I dont want anymore "new" aditions or RFTH or wow now you can block kicks coolll I want my PLAYERS TO INTERACT REALISTICLY not suctioned together wearing ice skates on a football field. And yes this is the best NCAA game all others were crap, but man come-on if the 360 version is jujst a graphic upgrade then there is no excuse for EA, but I am sure EA fanboys will make some up. Again sorry to be negative but this is a freaking joke!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #54
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Which is why it IS broke. It's been used up, its dry now. Its 2006 and next-gen is here. Its time to move on from the same old stuff.
Yea I feel ya, Its been broke since madden 2000 lol, but EA as a business doesnt see it with all the money thats blinding them. as long as they make sells and get their profit they wont care if those players move like robots.

Kinda like PRO sports
Old 04-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 11

Well people are forgetting the small things that make the game better.

Accurate throwing power...sounds great. Now I can have a 99 rated guy throw bullets across the middle so fast that the LBs won't see the ball but the WR catching it.

Also bigger playbook.

Small RBs can't truck but will be able to slip past people.

I think a lot of the smaller things will get me hyped for this game. Although I was looking for a ESPN presentation (Is Mel Kiper going to be in NFL Head Coach? Wrong game EA, Head Coach should be a feature for Madden 07...) any ways, here is my list of what is important.

1.) Gameplay- I think if they improve the catching, then this game will be solid offline.

2.) Dynasty- It already has a great dynasty, anything it adds is just icing on the cake.

3.) Online stability- A sports game where cheesers are 0-50? Or am I dreaming? I don't see stability in this, I can already picture some guy mastering the trick play. Then I see some people who will master the block kick so that they are successful 90% of the time. Also who knows what else they will exploit.

4.) Presentation- I hope EAsports wakes up and start making College Gameday or something. If you are going to steal the ESPN license do something with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #56
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

How do we know theres 360 stuff coming tomorrow?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »