Home

IGN Preivew/videos are up

This is a discussion on IGN Preivew/videos are up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: IGN Preivew/videos are up

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
I wish there recruiting was more in depth like college hoops 2k6
Without the "memory restrictions" that the PS2 had, I'm hoping for expanded in-season recruiting which includes not only all of the recruits (instead of some of the 5, 4, 3 star players) but some of the next year's recruits as well.......... the way it is now is a step in the right direction but not perfect just yet.

Like I could be recruiting for the 2007 season when I fire up my dynasty and then there could be certain 5 and 4 star recruits for 2008....... you could choose between looking for upcoming players or looking for players for 2 years from now, and you could have a leg up on getting that 2008 recruit when 2007 (year 2 in your dynasty) comes along.

I'm not sure if all that was in CH 2K6, since I never played it like that, but it would be nice to be able to recruit for 2 years from your current season.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #66
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
Well people are forgetting the small things that make the game better.

Accurate throwing power...sounds great. Now I can have a 99 rated guy throw bullets across the middle so fast that the LBs won't see the ball but the WR catching it.

Also bigger playbook.

Small RBs can't truck but will be able to slip past people.

I think a lot of the smaller things will get me hyped for this game. Although I was looking for a ESPN presentation (Is Mel Kiper going to be in NFL Head Coach? Wrong game EA, Head Coach should be a feature for Madden 07...) any ways, here is my list of what is important.

1.) Gameplay- I think if they improve the catching, then this game will be solid offline.

2.) Dynasty- It already has a great dynasty, anything it adds is just icing on the cake.

3.) Online stability- A sports game where cheesers are 0-50? Or am I dreaming? I don't see stability in this, I can already picture some guy mastering the trick play. Then I see some people who will master the block kick so that they are successful 90% of the time. Also who knows what else they will exploit.

4.) Presentation- I hope EAsports wakes up and start making College Gameday or something. If you are going to steal the ESPN license do something with it.
So now the offense has even more weapons and the defense is nutered even more.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #67
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Looks pretty good to me. Less gimmicks more emphasis on gameplay. Hopefully it looks this good for the 360.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:46 PM   #68
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm feeling the NCAA BUZZ..........
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 04-19-2006, 06:48 PM   #69
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I'm feeling the NCAA BUZZ..........
I hear ya
Everything Looks pretty good to me. it's about time we had more emphasis on gameplay

good job EA Sports
Old 04-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #70
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm vey encouraged by the preview. Sounds like they did a lot to fix the small AI problems from last year. Also it will be nice to actually be able to block a punt or Field Goal occasionally. I dont see why so many people care about the 360 version?!?! I live in the football dorm at the Univesity of Kentucky and not a single person in our entire dorm has an Xbox 360 (although just about all the guys have a Xbox or PS2). I don't even know anyone who owns an Xbox 360. This game is gonna sell way more copies on the PS2 and Xbox than the Xbox 360.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #71
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
I'm vey encouraged by the preview. Sounds like they did a lot to fix the small AI problems from last year. Also it will be nice to actually be able to block a punt or Field Goal occasionally. I dont see why so many people care about the 360 version?!?! I live in the football dorm at the Univesity of Kentucky and not a single person in our entire dorm has an Xbox 360 (although just about all the guys have a Xbox or PS2). I don't even know anyone who owns an Xbox 360. This game is gonna sell way more copies on the PS2 and Xbox than the Xbox 360.
I think Kentucky and China are the only two places on earth without 360's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
Because one football dorm in Kentucky accurately represents the rest of the world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »