Home

IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

This is a discussion on IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #41
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

I'm glad to see that most, if not all, of what's in dynasty mode has made it to the 360, since I play about 90% of my games on dynasty mode. We all know that first and foremost, EA would be touting the upgrade in visuals, but the most important part of the games longevity (playtime) in our 360's will be it's playability. I certainly hope that Tiburon has learned from what worked and didn't work with Madden360. Hopefully this game will be playable at E3 so we can hear from some gamers that attend how the game actually plays.

A couple of questions in my head. The article says that 70 schools got the full treatment - does that mean that 49 schools may have generic stadiums or just less detail to the surrounding area? Hopefully all 119 schools are represented correctly, but some without as much detail outside the stadiums. And hopefully, the time taken to detail the outside of each stadium didn't wasn't detrimental to the gameplay.

It'll be interesting to see how the momentum meter is implemented in both next gen and current versions. Since there is no stadium pulse and HFA, I wonder if there will still be composure ratings. I know alot of people had issues with the HFA and pulse, but I liked the idea of going into opposing stadiums and feeling the tension on the field. I thought they were onto something that just needed some tweaking... maybe add a composure rating, cut down on the camera shake, but keep the dynamic vibration on controller.

I don't mind that they left out the RFTH and all-time teams. I didn't hate those modes, but didn't play them often either. I am disappointed that the expanded playbooks are not included... even the special teams and trick plays. I was looking forward to better special teams play.... and as long as the trick plays weren't overdone (works everytime), it would be fun to just have available. I'm also disappointed that ESPN the magazine didn't make it. I always looked forward to seeing who made the cover, etc.

Overall, I'm still cautiously optomistic after reading the FIRST LOOK. It's nice to hear about the new visuals and what features made it and/or didn't make it into the 360 version, but I can't wait to hear more about the gameplay. I wanna hear and see how the game plays in action. Screen shots can only do so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #42
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
At least you traded it in for a decent game. I was itching for a new game on the 360 so I traded it in for FIFA, what a mistake that was.
lol ouch. i hear fifa world cup is supposed to be tons better. ign's review was pretty positive.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I been giving 2k hell for porting..Now EA gets some..Seems like they are double dipping , like movie studio's do.. I can understand leaving out features for EA's launch line up due to time restraints, but the NCAA team had over a yr..I can't see why everything can't be included, especially staduim pulse, greatest teams, & all the schools that are in the Xbox version..Sounds like EA wants you to buy both copies..What, the 360 isn't capable of all this?? I'm still glad EA is giving us features that couldn't be done on the Xbox version, but this Tee's me off..At least the dumb campus thing ids scratched from the 360 along with trick plays that would have been abused online.

I'll say this though. With 10, 000 motioned captured moves, gang tackling has to be in there somewhere, unless they are lying with that number. I need to see some video footage.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:14 PM   #44
Pro

BubbleFour's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt

I'll also miss the 1-AA teams. Not that I used them often, but it was fun playing with my alma mater, James Madison University (2004 1-AA national champs ) every now and then.
I wonder how this will affect the early season schedules for most teams. If memory serves, the NCAA ruled that 1-AA games will count for bowl eligibility. This meant that many schools added 1-AA teams to their schedule as a 12th game. In the 360, will all these games be replaced by those tacky All-Star teams (i.e. 1-AA East)?

Last edited by BubbleFour; 04-20-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'll say this though. With 10, 000 motioned captured moves, gang tackling has to be in there somewhere, unless they are lying with that number. I need to see some video footage.
That was the most dissapointing part of the article for me, I doubt we will ever see an advanced physics engine in Madden or NCAA, they love their motion capture too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I been asking for gang tackling since 04 or 05..I'm tired of motion captured, unless they get stunt men doing it..Seriously..Look at the hit stick moves in a madden, they look awful..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #47
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I would hope. With all of the complaining about it, I would think they would hype that feature. Why no playbooks. Will all teams play the same them? That would be crap.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #48
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I would hope. With all of the complaining about it, I would think they would hype that feature. Why no playbooks. Will all teams play the same them? That would be crap.
The article say they have 100 playbooks..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »