Home

Recruiting Hard Times

This is a discussion on Recruiting Hard Times within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Recruiting Hard Times

Factors to attract recruits:
•need (roster openings)
•coach options
•awards
•national championship
•coach prestige
•program prestige
•pipeline states

Did I miss any?[/quote]

Girls in mini skirts?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon6 Girls in Miniskirts

...and bikinis too.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #11
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

that's crazy rudy! I would be shocked. This past recruiting season for me, after season 4, I was surprised to see that no HBs were interested in my over 2 stars. Plenty other 5-star athletes were interested in me even though of my probation. I just thought it was weird that no HBs wanted to come. Then I remembered that I had changed my play style before the recruits were generated so I'd get some WR's. All my upper classman WRs left after season 4 and I needed some new ones, so I changed my play style to 60% passing to get more WR recruits. That must have really scared off my HB prospects. I'll have to change it back next offseason to 55% run to get me some HB guys again.

I can't fathom being #24 in the nation though. I've always been #1 or 2 until my probabtion, now I'm like #10 but that's understandable.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

It seems to ebb and flow in my dynasty. I've turned Penn State into a monster in six years while my roomate has struggled to build up Notre Dame. Granted he has a Top 20 recruiting class every year, it's not as high as it could or should be.

I've had the #1 class the last three years and my defense at this point in time is just about inpenetrable.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Girls in Miniskirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOttoFan
girls in mini skirts...and bikinis too.
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2006 Colorado Buffaloes!!!

In all serious, I forgot about that coach slider bit. That could explain why I have so much trouble getting any quality RBs interested. Is there anything similar that you can change defensively to affect which positions will be more interested in you? I do pretty well getting d linemen and defensive backs, but have struggled mightily bringing in stud linebackers.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mierk
Is there anything similar that you can change defensively to affect which positions will be more interested in you? I do pretty well getting d linemen and defensive backs, but have struggled mightily bringing in stud linebackers.
1.) Choose the 3-4 defense in coaching options. (Just for the off-season recruiting period.)

2.) Try to win the best linebacker award, maybe with blitzes. A LB with a lot of sacks has a better chance of winning the award.

3.) Establish pipelines to Texas, Florida, California, and Ohio.

4.) Make stud LB's a priority in ISR (in-season recruiting).
Old 09-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Im still on current gen.

but establishing pipelines to the states JimOttoFan mentioned is very helpful in recruiting. Also I noticed that ur team stats rank plays a huge role in recruiting. If ur offense is 51st in passing then it is very hard to recruit QBs and WRs and to a lesser extent TEs even if ur total offense is in the top 10. Same goes for defense, although it seems the only thing that matters there is the total defense (avg. yards allowed per game).

So if u typically have just an average defense in terms of yards given up then u should only target defensive players during in-season recruiting cause the only thing that matters when recruiting them is ur current record and whether or not u schedule their visit at the right time (ie not in the 6th or 7th week of the season) and win that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #16
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOttoFan
2.) Try to win the best linebacker award, maybe with blitzes. A LB with a lot of sacks has a better chance of winning the award.

3.) Establish pipelines to Texas, Florida, California, and Ohio.
I rarely have many sacks as a team, either from linemen or linebackers. Probably the most successful blitz I have is the play in the nickel formation (don't remember the name, Crash 2 maybe?) where the 3rd cornerback blitzes from the outside. Not sure if that might be a slider issue that I need to tweak so that guys are able to get to the QB better -- the most sacks I've had from any one guy is 7, and I probably only get between 20-30 sacks as a team.

3) I've got Texas/Florida/Cali lined up, I may go for Ohio but since I play as ASU I don't know that I want to have too many cross country pipelines since those guys still take up alot of points. I will definitely switch over to the 3-4 or maybe even the 4-4 set during the offseason. If you need DBs, should you switch to 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 sets to increase interest in that area?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »