Home

New 360 Video

This is a discussion on New 360 Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #137
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: New 360 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The only thing I can comment on with the NFL deal was that EA cashed in on an opportunity It's not like they coerced the NFL into the deal. Even if they spoke previously years before the NFL still was not coerced into a deal. We can argue all day about how one sided the bidding was and that might be true but it's not EA's fault they had the cash to outbid everyone else.

The sales dictate that EA is giving people the game they want It's all about the numbers and from what they see they are doing a fantastic job I will give it to them, these past two years they have done a good job in some areas: Playbooks being the best IMO, although I still think they need to match up the QB drops with the WR's route running so that establishing a rhythm should be the focus of the passing game. Also they need to designate 3, 5, 7 step drop plays. They do a pretty good job with everything that surrounds the action on the field. Now to me they need to touch the action on the field more, but I guess to the other millions of people that are satisfied they do not

My only contention is this. I want a BALANCED game where things that make sense work against other things that make sense. Sure the other million extra may not care about things making sense. My argument though is this, even if you get it to make sense it is not going to hurt them because they do not care anyway. So why can't I get some satisfaction too? Quarters and Dime against I Formation Normal blowing it up in the backfield makes no damn sense. Will the masses be harmed if they are forced to use a 4-3 or 3-4 instead of Dime, Quarters? No. They'll just learn the hard way that this does not work against that. Are the masses going to be harmed if the game had alot of break tackle animations + real gang tackling? No they will not. The argument is that they do not care about these things. That might be true. But they won't be harmed by them either.

I mean I am not going to say that EA does not listen. Afterall, where did they get the pass protection schemes from? They listened. But at the same time it seems that what goes in each year is those things that are easiest to do. I don't really know what to say. I'm not a programmer although I do have some experience with some languages. I do not know how their engine is designed compared to other engines that they had to compete against. 2k's engine had a front door only. No back door. That means it was wide open. Lots of creativity, potential for a hell of alot of game play elements to evolve. I do not know about EA's. It SEEMS like there is more than one back door to it We'll just have to wait and see what happens with it.

thanks broham...nice words, truthfully spoken...just wanted your outlook, on why they just won't improve and what will it take for them to finally listen....I guess as long as no competition, they have no need.....

With the big mess up 2k made with baseball this year...at least we have an option of MLB the show..

But if NCAA turns out bad and if Madden is another disappointment....what do we have?

Thanks again for you elaboration...

NCAA looks nice graphically, compared to current gen...but what will be sacrificed in the process to give us graphics...

Also did I read correctly when it said streaming radio commentary...Please tell me that NCAA will not have a radio announcer....especially with the ESPN license....they have a great crew...use the ones that were in NCAA 2k3, those guys sounded like a live broadcast..

Last edited by Behindshadows; 05-04-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #138
Banned

OVR: 8

BLAH BLAH BLAH 2k VS Madden BLAH BLAH BLAH

SHUT THE F*CK UP PEOPLE.

NCAA looks good to me, I second the person who said they hope this doesn't make them buy a 360 this summer
Old 05-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #139
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

All the complaining and everything is good when they take it in, but it can also back fire. Look at us rednecks we havnt had a NASCAR game for pc in about a year and a half, EA decided to take over the nascar market too, which forced out Papyrus. But i doubt they will ever put madden or ncaa on hold.

as for the video

The graphics are great now, the gameplay you will never be able to tell from a trailer video, E3 is only a week away. we will then learn more. The people that are complaining will still complain, and buy the game and play it, and still come here and complain. The others of us will just say, i wonder what they will do next year, only to hope another year after that. Has it not been that way every year, and for some reason when april and may come around we get all these false hopes that something new will happen and EA will take full advatage of ESPN and NCAA, yet not. And by the way, the Michigan helmet, i wouldnt have noticed, but im a husker fan, but that just makes me want to start complaining about their efforts, come on are logos going to be upside down too on some? ok that is my input
Old 05-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01
BLAH BLAH BLAH 2k VS Madden BLAH BLAH BLAH

SHUT THE F*CK UP PEOPLE.

NCAA looks good to me, I second the person who said they hope this doesn't make them buy a 360 this summer

Use that type of tone again and you will be the one shutting the you know what up in the dungeon.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #141
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
My only contention is this. I want a BALANCED game where things that make sense work against other things that make sense. Sure the other million extra may not care about things making sense. My argument though is this, even if you get it to make sense it is not going to hurt them because they do not care anyway. So why can't I get some satisfaction too? Quarters and Dime against I Formation Normal blowing it up in the backfield makes no damn sense. Will the masses be harmed if they are forced to use a 4-3 or 3-4 instead of Dime, Quarters? No. They'll just learn the hard way that this does not work against that. Are the masses going to be harmed if the game had alot of break tackle animations + real gang tackling? No they will not. The argument is that they do not care about these things. That might be true. But they won't be harmed by them either.
Truer words never spoken. I've been saying the same thing for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »