Home

Sticking with the current gen version?

This is a discussion on Sticking with the current gen version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Sticking with the current gen version?

I'm sticking with current gen. I don't wanna buy an XBOX 360 just for one game. I'm content with buying NFL Head Coach and NCAA Football 2007 on current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #26
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4

I will never play a regular xboxor ps2 again.......................if i dont have to!!
next gen is just better.. period!!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Anyone else here sticking with the current gen versions of NCAA and Madden? I just could care less about the improved graphics on 360, considering I actually prefer the models and such on current gen anyways.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but next gen just seems to worried about changing things that weren't broken, or removing features just to include them a few years from now as a "new" feature.

I honestly believe the current gen versions of NCAA and Madden were damn close to as good as it gets. Granted, there are some flaws, such as blocking, but those can be fixed either in NCAA/Madden 07, or even in the 06 versions using the right sliders.

I just don't see the big deal about next gen NCAA/Madden. I am perfectly content with the current gen, as the graphics are already stunning as it is on XBOX. Anyone else feel the same way?
Um..graphics suck on the Xbox version.. I see you have convinced yourself not to a buy a 360..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeweil
I think I am. I'm still on the fence on whether it's worth $400+ to upgrade just yet. Until I see dramatic improvements on the gameplay side, then I'll stick with current gen for now. Plus, I have a wife and can't just blow $400 on a whim.
You'll never see great improvement on gameplay next gen..EA always puts the gameplay, the reason 99% of us buy Madden, on the back burner.. EA is like a magiction, all smoke & mirrors (Graphics & features that keep your mind off the inherent flaws of the core gameplay. Seriously, since 2001 has madden really made great strides in the gameplay department? No..We just get gimmick features like cone vision, & the hit stick/truck stick.. I wouldn't call that fixing any game play problem..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-04-2006, 05:26 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Um..graphics suck on the Xbox version.. I see you have convinced yourself not to a buy a 360..
The graphics are better and should be better on the 360. However, for sports gamers, a lot of us like a zoomed out view to see more of the playing field. When you play that way, the graphical improvement isn't as noticeable except for replays.

I know I bought 2K1 for my brother's dreamcast back in the day and despite the better graphics traded it back in for Madden 2001 on the PS1. It just played better, more polish, features, etc. However, once my eyes saw Madden 2001 on the PS2, I was sold and ended up getting a PS2. The same could happen with the new Madden/NCAA games. If the games really do play equally as good and have better graphics, people will make the jump. The fact I am now married with a kid and don't play as often make it harder for me to justify all the new costs with a new system unless the game(s) are really worth it.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Seriously, since 2001 has madden really made great strides in the gameplay department? No..We just get gimmick features like cone vision, & the hit stick/truck stick.. I wouldn't call that fixing any game play problem..
You are exactly right. The problem is we all go out and buy the game anyway. How long until they get rid of the pre snap glitch?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Seriously, since 2001 has madden really made great strides in the gameplay department? No..We just get gimmick features like cone vision, & the hit stick/truck stick.. I wouldn't call that fixing any game play problem..
Although I somewhat agree with your assesment that they need to make more gameplay strides, the cone vision and hit stick are not gimmicks and do relate to gameplay significantly IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #32
MVP

I have a 360 and I am undecided as to which version I'll be buying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »