Home

Honestly...Tell the truth

This is a discussion on Honestly...Tell the truth within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #49
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Honestly...Tell the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't see it. Please explain. As for the original post, PS3 Madden will not blow the doors off 360 Madden. As EA has demonstrated in the past, they do not optimize by platform, they simply port the game between platforms. Videogame sports fans who are thinking PS3 will be some 360 Madden killing event are going to be sorely disappointed when the game looks and plays 98% the same as the 360 version.
they did optimize on the N64, and they are optimizing on the revolution.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
they did optimize on the N64, and they are optimizing on the revolution.

The Wii or Revolution Madden is a completely different game though and developed by a different studio than Tiburon. Xbox 360 and PS3 Madden as far as we know will both be developed by Tiburon.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #51
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't see it. Please explain. As for the original post, PS3 Madden will not blow the doors off 360 Madden. As EA has demonstrated in the past, they do not optimize by platform, they simply port the game between platforms. Videogame sports fans who are thinking PS3 will be some 360 Madden killing event are going to be sorely disappointed when the game looks and plays 98% the same as the 360 version.
I just thought it was funny that he calls people fanboys for thinking that the ps3 will be more powerful than the 360. But yet he is being a xbox fanboy himself for thinking the 360 is gonna be more powerful next gen system and for calling people jaded sony fanboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #52
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Any idiot can see the increased poly counts and texture resolution between screenshots. My issue with the 360 engine in Madden and now apparently NCAA is it just doesn't flow better than the previous engine. It looks "next gen" in still shots, but when in action, I honestly don't feel "wow, so this is next gen". It's like, as far as Madden goes, the XB360 was really just a videocard upgrade for the original Xbox.

It doesn't really matter for me, regarding NCAA anyway, since it will almost definitely be NTSC only i'm stuck with current gen until either a 360 mod chip is out, or until NCAA 08 PS3 is out since I believe the PS3 has no regional issues, as is the Blu-Ray standard.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #53
Rookie

jakeob1106's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Am I the only one who sees the irony in this post?
There's no irony involved shorthorn. I am pre-ordering the PS3, and the Revolution as well. I have a problem with the guys who continually state that the PS3 will be SOOOO much better than any other next gen system. The PS3 will be a great system, but it's not going to destroy the 360, nor the Wii.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of hearing "just wait for the PS3" when in reality it barely has better specs than the 360, and is supposedly going to cost anywhere from 500.00 up to a possible 800.00.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #54
Rookie

jakeob1106's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
I just thought it was funny that he calls people fanboys for thinking that the ps3 will be more powerful than the 360. But yet he is being a xbox fanboy himself for thinking the 360 is gonna be more powerful next gen system and for calling people jaded sony fanboys.
Assuming shortwhorn, don't be too quick to judge.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #55
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Shortwhorn, that's original....
Hey are the sooners gonna be good this year, now we are both original
Just remember what team won the NC beating the now 2nd best team ever.*waits for you to say something stupid about VY.*

back on topic though, everyone knows the ps3 will be a little better than the xbox, alot better if blu-ray turns out to be good. The 360 might be better for madden and sports games, but just like xbox1 it won't have any good 3rd party games. Which is why the ps3 will outsell the 360 like the ps2 is doing now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #56
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

*cough cough*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »