Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolPett
...or people who don't believe in capitalism.
of which group there seems to be a ton of people these days...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A question: I agree that having to buy alternate jerseys is uncool, but why is the negative reaction to this being directed solely at EA? After all, it was MS who created the concept of XLM as a place to sell additional content for existing titles. Shouldn't they be catching more of the backlash over this?
I think it goes back to the EA hatin' because of the EA/NFL deal. I don't see anyone at all bashing on the makers of Oblivion for adding in the magic tower and horse armor to their game. There was no massive outcry of "Why wasn't the magic tower and horse armor in the game when it shipped and why do I have to pay for it now when I already paid $60?!?!". This just gives people an excuse to bash EA IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I have occassionally used the alternatives during a dynasty. However, if they're not in there and I have to pay for them. I won't do so. I'm not saying its right or wrong, but I won't use them if I have to pay.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I have occassionally used the alternatives during a dynasty. However, if they're not in there and I have to pay for them. I won't do so. I'm not saying its right or wrong, but I won't use them if I have to pay.
Exactly how it should be!

Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #29
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think it goes back to the EA hatin' because of the EA/NFL deal. I don't see anyone at all bashing on the makers of Oblivion for adding in the magic tower and horse armor to their game. There was no massive outcry of "Why wasn't the magic tower and horse armor in the game when it shipped and why do I have to pay for it now when I already paid $60?!?!". This just gives people an excuse to bash EA IMO.
I do remember hearing people bitch about the horse armor stuff in Oblivion... but like you, others just said "you don't have to buy it, nobody's forcing you to buy it."

It just seems like a crock that if alternative jerseys which were already in the current gen versions for free are now going be an "option to buy." It only adds to the argument that, "EA's taking thing away (or leaving out) of NEXTGEN, only to put it back in NEXTGEN to tout as a new feature." Only this is worse because now they're charging us additional $ to have this "feature."

It reminds me of how people who subscribed to the NFL Ticket used to be able to watch their games in HD for free with subscription. However, Directv and/or the NFL Ticket now forces the subscribers to pay extra to see the games in HD. It was something subscribers had originally... that was taken away... and then offered at a price. It's a screw job to the consumer.

I don't mind and would encourage companies to keep developing and adding things to games throughout the year... and even for a price. I just don't like them taking stuff out and then charging us additional money for something that was included in prior versions.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 14

It would be nice if EA wasn't the only (football) game in town, so that there could be some competetion to keep this practice in check.

As it stands, they are pretty much free to do as they please, charge whatever they want for premium content, and likely get away with it due to there being no alternatives.

I would not be surprised at all to see gaming reaching a point where consumers pay an initial price to have access to the core of a game, and then having to buy everything else (accurate rosters, stadiums, jerseys, etc.) as a premium addition.

Regardless of whether you consider this good or bad, it is certainly the start of something that will likely blossum with the development of gaming.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
It would be nice if EA wasn't the only (football) game in town, so that there could be some competetion to keep this practice in check.

As it stands, they are pretty much free to do as they please, charge whatever they want for premium content, and likely get away with it due to there being no alternatives.
Cmon man, every da*!$ thread this doesn't need to crop up. The mods are locking threads because of this. That deal is done, move on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I do remember hearing people bitch about the horse armor stuff in Oblivion... but like you, others just said "you don't have to buy it, nobody's forcing you to buy it."

It just seems like a crock that if alternative jerseys which were already in the current gen versions for free are now going be an "option to buy."
I agree but not all the alternates were in current gen, not even close. That's what I said, if they include the basic alternates and then have an enhanced pack which adds ALL the alternates for a few dollars, then it's fair IMO. They def. shouldn't be shipping the game without ANY alternates then requiring payment online though to unlock some or all of them, that is BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »