Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #33
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Where is this info from? Or is it just speculation?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #34
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Where is this info from? Or is it just speculation?
After re-reading the initial post, I think it's just speculation.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
yeah it's just speculation. i will say one thing, if ea would re-add the ability to use alternate jerseys and change weather for online NCAA i would pay them $5. i miss having those options.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #36
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Just checked back in and, dang, this thread has gone off the deep end.

First off, it's not speculation. The last paragraph of the game write up on xbox.com implies--emphasis on IMPLIES--the subject of my original post. If I recall correctly, it was in a producer interview that ran down the right sidebar of the page, the very last part. I'll try to find the link, but it's not a bogus claim.

Secondly, I agree with ODogg that this has NOTHING to do with the EA having exclusive rights to the NCAA. There's no need to "EA bash" based on that.

Finally, my contention has been stated a few times throughout this thread: why should we be "forced" (ease off the semantics, ODogg) to purchase options that were/will be FREE in current gen? It's a hallmark of greed, bad business, and shows an abiding disrespect for NCAA Football's fan base. This has nothing to do with being anti-capitalist, either (nice stretch, though). As loyal fans of EA's NCAA series, we're being screwed on this one.

As for the poster who referred to Microsoft needing to take some heat for this...well, maybe. But I assume that each developer has last say in deciding what in their game should be heft up for sale on Live Marketplace, so the ultimate blame lies with EA.

I would be happy IF -- A solid, current-gen number of alternate unis are included out of box and we would be able to purchase rare throwbacks like Oregon's pre-Nike unis from the early 90's, ND's Montana-era unis, Bruce Smith-era VaTech unis, etc. THOSE we don't expect to ALREADY be in the game, so purchasing them would be a reasonable option for those fans who wish to have them.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
I would be happy IF -- A solid, current-gen number of alternate unis are included out of box and we would be able to purchase rare throwbacks like Oregon's pre-Nike unis from the early 90's, ND's Montana-era unis, Bruce Smith-era VaTech unis, etc. THOSE we don't expect to ALREADY be in the game, so purchasing them would be a reasonable option for those fans who wish to have them.
Well then I guess we ultimately agree because that's also what I thought would be reasonable. The question is will EA be reasonable or will they be greedy pighumpers with this feature. Hopefully the former.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Just checked back in and, dang, this thread has gone off the deep end.

First off, it's not speculation. The last paragraph of the game write up on xbox.com implies--emphasis on IMPLIES--the subject of my original post. If I recall correctly, it was in a producer interview that ran down the right sidebar of the page, the very last part. I'll try to find the link, but it's not a bogus claim.

Secondly, I agree with ODogg that this has NOTHING to do with the EA having exclusive rights to the NCAA. There's no need to "EA bash" based on that.

Finally, my contention has been stated a few times throughout this thread: why should we be "forced" (ease off the semantics, ODogg) to purchase options that were/will be FREE in current gen? It's a hallmark of greed, bad business, and shows an abiding disrespect for NCAA Football's fan base. This has nothing to do with being anti-capitalist, either (nice stretch, though). As loyal fans of EA's NCAA series, we're being screwed on this one.

As for the poster who referred to Microsoft needing to take some heat for this...well, maybe. But I assume that each developer has last say in deciding what in their game should be heft up for sale on Live Marketplace, so the ultimate blame lies with EA.

If you truly feel screwed by EA, why are you going to buy the game? So you are supporting a company that screws you? You can complain all you want, but if you still buy the game your argument becomes a moot point..You are supporting EA..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #39
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #40
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
If you truly feel screwed by EA, why are you going to buy the game? So you are supporting a company that screws you? You can complain all you want, but if you still buy the game your argument becomes a moot point..You are supporting EA..
This is one of the oldest, most immature arguments still alive here at OS--"If you buy the game, you don't have the right to complain! You're the problem, not EA!" Please.

I did not ANYWHERE say that the game wouldn't be great, that I won't enjoy playing it, that it won't ultimately be worth every penny. My argument boils down to what I feel to be a bad business move that shows little respect towards the rabid NCAA fan base.

I can find plenty of fault with a game, express those opinions in an open forum, and still enjoy the hell out of my ND dynasty. In the end, I only seek to support my own enjoyment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »