Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #41
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Even though Madden '06 for the 360 did not include alternate jerseys that EA had included in the past, I would of still loved to of had the option to buy a set of powdered blues or a set Buffalo's throwback alternative unis online.

And I would not of begrudged EA one bit.

Last edited by VolPett; 05-11-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #42
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
First off, it's not speculation. The last paragraph of the game write up on xbox.com implies--emphasis on IMPLIES--the subject of my original post. If I recall correctly, it was in a producer interview that ran down the right sidebar of the page, the very last part. I'll try to find the link, but it's not a bogus claim.
You may be right about EA selling items on the XBL Marketplace. I saw on one of the screens posted a direct link to the Marketplace from the menu screen.

Yes, it's under EA SPORTS extras

Alot of new screens and INFO!!! 5-12

One can only guess what types of things they'll try to sell us to "enhance" our gaming experience.

Last edited by nxt; 05-12-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
You may be right about EA selling items on the XBL Marketplace. I saw on one of the screens posted a direct link to the Marketplace from the menu screen.

Yes, it's under EA SPORTS extras

Alot of new screens and INFO!!! 5-12

One can only guess what types of things they'll try to sell us to "enhance" our gaming experience.
yeah it's gonna be sweet if they can really support the game throughout the year and the prices aren't too high.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-12-2006, 11:31 PM   #44
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Check out the video below. It's an interview with EA Product Manager Kendall Boyd. He straight up says that they will offer Mascots, Gamer Tags, and Alternate Jerseys, among other things on the XBL Marketplace.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=10755
Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #45
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

That video was great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #46
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
That video was great.
Agreed. A little torn, though. The running stride looks great, and I like the way the back looks over his shoulder when in the clear. The kickoff return looks almost exactly like Madden 360, though. Not good.

Back on topic -- I'm still worried about having to pay extra for alternate jerseys. Ultimately, we'll all just have wait to see how this idea is implemented. Hope there's news of this in the weeks to come.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #47
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Check out the video below. It's an interview with EA Product Manager Kendall Boyd. He straight up says that they will offer Mascots, Gamer Tags, and Alternate Jerseys, among other things on the XBL Marketplace.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=10755
2 questions:

What the hell does it mean by getting "Gamer tags" off the marketplace..that makes absolutely no sence to me.

And i hope EA doesnt think anyone is going to buy mascots..thats nuts
Old 05-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #48
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
That video was great.
You got that right - it was comedy imo. I'm pretty much speechless after reading this thread then seeing the video. EA'S TALKING ABOUT ALLOWING YOU TO DOWNLOAD MASCOTS LOL - you really think they're going to give you a decent amount of alternate jerseys? If any? I really have to go back and listen to that again; I couldn't have heard what I just heard. Think you're going to have to download the ticker too. And people are actually THANKFUL. This is totally different from a company creating an extra level of a game and making it downloadable, or multiplayer maps. You're talking about freaking uniforms - AND MASCOTS. Wow, wow, wow. I'm not even going to get into the fact he didn't mention gameplay until halfway through, and the gameplay enhancements he talked about are the new kick meter and a momentum meter. What a joke.

And I'm sorry, but this speaks directly to the exclusivity issue. NBA2K6 360 has a decent amount of throwback and alternate jerseys available for free; you just need the codes to enable them. How would Live look if it tried to charge for the same thing. It's ridiculous that people are excusing the fact Madden 360 had no alternate jerseys (they didn't have time lol - they had the time to make those stadiums spotless though). Used to be companies would provide cool little extras as appreciation for purchasing their game, or *gulp* INCENTIVE to purchase their game. As someone else pointed out - you're openly allowing them to set a ridiculous precedent that will cost you down the line. It's almost depressing that people have such low expectations that they're willing to allow themselves to get slapped around like this. Guess it really is battered wife syndrome

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »