Home

Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

This is a discussion on Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Jerseys on XBOX Live Marketplace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
You got that right - it was comedy imo. I'm pretty much speechless after reading this thread then seeing the video. EA'S TALKING ABOUT ALLOWING YOU TO DOWNLOAD MASCOTS LOL - you really think they're going to give you a decent amount of alternate jerseys? If any? I really have to go back and listen to that again; I couldn't have heard what I just heard. Think you're going to have to download the ticker too. And people are actually THANKFUL. This is totally different from a company creating an extra level of a game and making it downloadable, or multiplayer maps. You're talking about freaking uniforms - AND MASCOTS. Wow, wow, wow. I'm not even going to get into the fact he didn't mention gameplay until halfway through, and the gameplay enhancements he talked about are the new kick meter and a momentum meter. What a joke.

And I'm sorry, but this speaks directly to the exclusivity issue. NBA2K6 360 has a decent amount of throwback and alternate jerseys available for free; you just need the codes to enable them. How would Live look if it tried to charge for the same thing. It's ridiculous that people are excusing the fact Madden 360 had no alternate jerseys (they didn't have time lol - they had the time to make those stadiums spotless though). Used to be companies would provide cool little extras as appreciation for purchasing their game, or *gulp* INCENTIVE to purchase their game. As someone else pointed out - you're openly allowing them to set a ridiculous precedent that will cost you down the line. It's almost depressing that people have such low expectations that they're willing to allow themselves to get slapped around like this. Guess it really is battered wife syndrome
I guess ppl forgot about last yrs E3's when MS told us all about the main reason for the market place..Developers adding items to purchase for cash? Ring a bell..Why do so many ppl act suprised, when you knew it was coming..especially for top selling franchises.. I guess you will really go nuts when developers start adding new levels for purchase on the market place?

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
This is one of the oldest, most immature arguments still alive here at OS--"If you buy the game, you don't have the right to complain! You're the problem, not EA!" Please.

I did not ANYWHERE say that the game wouldn't be great, that I won't enjoy playing it, that it won't ultimately be worth every penny. My argument boils down to what I feel to be a bad business move that shows little respect towards the rabid NCAA fan base.

I can find plenty of fault with a game, express those opinions in an open forum, and still enjoy the hell out of my ND dynasty. In the end, I only seek to support my own enjoyment.
immature? No..I'm not the one ranting about paying a buck for alt jerseys.. & I never said you can't complain..The point is, you feel screwed by EA, YET YOU are still going to support them, by buying the game.. You reward people for screwing you? Nice..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I guess ppl forgot about last yrs E3's when MS told us all about the main reason for the market place..Developers adding items to purchase for cash? Ring a bell..Why do so many ppl act suprised, when you knew it was coming..especially for top selling franchises.. I guess you will really go nuts when developers start adding new levels for purchase on the market place?
It's likely the reason Madden didn't have additional jerseys last year. The main reason for the Marketplace is to allow devs to screw consumers more? I don't think so. Again, I'll use the other 360 sports games as examples. If EA goes this route, they'll be the first to do so.

freaking mascots lol - still laughing at that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It's likely the reason Madden didn't have additional jerseys last year. The main reason for the Marketplace is to allow devs to screw consumers more? I don't think so. Again, I'll use the other 360 sports games as examples. If EA goes this route, they'll be the first to do so.

freaking mascots lol - still laughing at that
How is offering add-ons to games screwing anyone? This has been done in the PC market for years. It's just alot of you videogamers are worried you're gonna be nickel'ed and dimed to death and I don't see that happening.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
How is offering add-ons to games screwing anyone? This has been done in the PC market for years. It's just alot of you videogamers are worried you're gonna be nickel'ed and dimed to death and I don't see that happening.
The only PC game this has happened to is Oblivion, and they really screwed the customers there.

Personally, if they're just selling alternates that come up during the year (see the God awful Nikes) then that's fine, but if on release day they have 0 alternates in the game and make you buy them all, that's wack.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #54
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
The only PC game this has happened to is Oblivion, and they really screwed the customers there.

Personally, if they're just selling alternates that come up during the year (see the God awful Nikes) then that's fine, but if on release day they have 0 alternates in the game and make you buy them all, that's wack.
EXACTLY
Old 05-13-2006, 05:12 PM   #55
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

Tons of PC games sell additional content online and have for the last 20-25 years. You must not be much of a PC Gamer I guess if you think Oblivion is the only game to ever do that on the PC.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »