Home

Confirmed Defensive Formations (360)

This is a discussion on Confirmed Defensive Formations (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Confirmed Defensive Formations (360)

After watching the video from E3 that pastapadre posted at Madden Nation I have been able to confirm at least ten defensive formations that Ohio State was utilizing in their playbook.

4-3 Normal
4-3 Over
4-3 Under
46 Bear
4-4 Split
5-2 Normal
Nickel Normal
Dime Normal
Dime 3-2-6
Quarter 3 Deep

It would be interesting to see if different teams used different combinations of defensive playbooks and that these ten formations varied according to team. May be something to look further into.

The game looks sweet as hell. The first video posted reminded me of the typical "online" baller that would choose a dive/lead play up the middle and just decide to turbo to the outside. In my opinion, there was a huge hole in the middle and the blockers did a good job of picking up everyone on defense. It would've been better to see an actual run up the middle.

The block P.A.T. was also nice. But I've heard that if you don't get the kicking meter up and down fast that you will get your kicks blocked. It's finally time that this will be utilized in the game. Let's see if it is overdone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
Meatball

OVR:
Re: Confirmed Defensive Formations (360)

Hey Fairdale, will you be getting an early copy for the 360 to do the rosters?

REALLY looking forward to your work my friend.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg2345
Hey Fairdale, will you be getting an early copy for the 360 to do the rosters?

REALLY looking forward to your work my friend.
I am working on trying to acquire an early copy for xbox and 360 again this year to "preview" and "post my impressions" (Wink, wink). I'm fairly confident that I'll be included again this year as far as receiving an early copy but you never know with EA. There is a new guy running the Community Leaders Program and he's been pretty busy with e3. Hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks.

I will say that the 360 rosters will be my priority and then I will complete the xbox rosters. Remember... I do not receive an early copy of the game to do rosters (wink, wink). Once I confirm that I'll be receiving an early copy I will be posting with more details.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
It would be interesting to see if different teams used different combinations of defensive playbooks and that these ten formations varied according to team. May be something to look further into.
My guess if they do since they don't have a base 3-4..unless that was on the other page of the play calling menu.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
My guess if they do since they don't have a base 3-4..unless that was on the other page of the play calling menu.
I was assuming that, too. I noticed there wasn't a 3-4 defense or the
3-3-5 defensive formations that more teams are using in college. I assumed that the 3-4 just wasn't in the Ohio State Defensive Playbook because the playcalling screen in the video flashed to the 1st page of the Defensive Playbook and the first six formations were:

Page One:

4-3 Normal
4-3 Over
4-3 Under
46 Bear
4-4 Split
5-2 Normal

Page Two:

Nickel Normal
Dime Normal
Dime 3-2-6
Quarter 3 Deep
GOAL LINE
SPECIAL TEAMS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
I was assuming that, too. I noticed there wasn't a 3-4 defense or the
3-3-5 defensive formations that more teams are using in college. I assumed that the 3-4 just wasn't in the Ohio State Defensive Playbook because the playcalling screen in the video flashed to the 1st page of the Defensive Playbook and the first six formations were:

Page One:

4-3 Normal
4-3 Over
4-3 Under
46 Bear
4-4 Split
5-2 Normal

Page Two:

Nickel Normal
Dime Normal
Dime 3-2-6
Quarter 3 Deep
GOAL LINE
SPECIAL TEAMS

There are some new 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses in the game. Maybe it is team specific, but I know there are some new 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses in the game.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #7
Meatball

OVR:

Quote:
I am working on trying to acquire an early copy for xbox and 360 again this year to "preview" and "post my impressions" (Wink, wink). I'm fairly confident that I'll be included again this year as far as receiving an early copy but you never know with EA. There is a new guy running the Community Leaders Program and he's been pretty busy with e3. Hopefully I will hear something in the next few weeks.

I will say that the 360 rosters will be my priority and then I will complete the xbox rosters. Remember... I do not receive an early copy of the game to do rosters (wink, wink). Once I confirm that I'll be receiving an early copy I will be posting with more details.

My bad man, I'm REALLY looking forward to your "impressions"!

Old 05-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg2345
My bad man, I'm REALLY looking forward to your "impressions"!
No need for apologies. lol

I just have to clarify to everyone that I don't receive early copies of the game to edit rosters. First and foremost I am previewing and hyping the game through my website. I just happen to also edit rosters once I receive the game which in turn is used by the community.

It seems that there was a post at Madden Mania and some people questioned how/why I got an early copy of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »