Home

Where is the current gen love from E3?

This is a discussion on Where is the current gen love from E3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Where is the current gen love from E3?

I plan to be in that next gen group by Christmas but as for the July release...I'm thinking current gen.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was just about to make a topic like this. It seemed like all the almost all the info we were getting before E3 was current gen, and then suddenly every topic was talking about 360 once E3 hit.

Theres no way I'm buying a 360 before the ps3 even comes out, so I'm really sick of hearing about all this next gen crap.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
NCAA has always stopped production the year after the new console comes out. Its always been that way. Actually the money is in Next Gen because of the price increase and the user fan base is growing by the day. Especially with the PS3 coming out.
While production may stop the year after, NCAA for the PS3 won't happen until next year and who knows how many PS3's will even be available (I still expect massive shortages and a delay in the first 6 months). It does make sense to at least throw a cheap coat of paint over the PS2 version since there are millions still in use. The XBox version could die sooner because the 360 will be on its 2nd iteration but maybe EA will still cater to the Sony football fanbase for NCAA 2008 on the PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #12
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
While production may stop the year after, NCAA for the PS3 won't happen until next year and who knows how many PS3's will even be available (I still expect massive shortages and a delay in the first 6 months). It does make sense to at least throw a cheap coat of paint over the PS2 version since there are millions still in use. The XBox version could die sooner because the 360 will be on its 2nd iteration but maybe EA will still cater to the Sony football fanbase for NCAA 2008 on the PS2.
That's exactly what I was saying. Would make no financial sense to NOT put out a 2008 game for the PS2 (or Xbox). Just tweak it and change the coverboy and watch it fly off the shelves.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:27 AM   #13
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
That's exactly what I was saying. Would make no financial sense to NOT put out a 2008 game for the PS2 (or Xbox). Just tweak it and change the coverboy and watch it fly off the shelves.
The current gen games (NCAA and Madden) aren't going anywhere. I'm guessing the current gen games will be around for at least another 5 years. Look at how long Madden was released on the PS1 well after the PS2 was released. If there's a buck to be made, EA will find a way to make it.

Last edited by ADW; 05-13-2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I agreed with your original post. History isn't exactly the same this time around. Most consoles don't become mass consumed until they drop to about $199. The 360 is still twice that and the PS3 is very expensive. I'm not so sure next-gen will be gobbled up as quickly as the last generation was which is why I think it makes sense to keep making current gen. How dumb would it be to stop making current gen and then see both the 360 and PS3 struggle for a couple of years until the price drops significantly? The PS2 sold the vast majority of its systems at a very cheap price.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #15
R**k**

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agreed with your original post. History isn't exactly the same this time around. Most consoles don't become mass consumed until they drop to about $199. The 360 is still twice that and the PS3 is very expensive. I'm not so sure next-gen will be gobbled up as quickly as the last generation was which is why I think it makes sense to keep making current gen. How dumb would it be to stop making current gen and then see both the 360 and PS3 struggle for a couple of years until the price drops significantly? The PS2 sold the vast majority of its systems at a very cheap price.
I agree. With all the PS2 and Xboxes out there I would think that the decision will ultimately be in the hands of the gamers. If gamers buy enough games to justify EA making it for the PS2/xbox, then EA will do it. Let's remember that while NCAA football was a good seller for the psx, when it added the broadcast crew for the PS2 and upped the graphics, it became huge. It went from a good seller to a lock as the top selling game for the month of July and a top ten seller for the following 3-5 months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #16
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypeewon
I was just about to make a topic like this. It seemed like all the almost all the info we were getting before E3 was current gen, and then suddenly every topic was talking about 360 once E3 hit.

Theres no way I'm buying a 360 before the ps3 even comes out, so I'm really sick of hearing about all this next gen crap.
Well you probably want to stop visiting game sites and messageboards becauces they not going to stop with the next gen if fact it will only heat up with PS3 coming in November.

Does anybody rememeber when they stop making Madden and NCAA for the PS1? Thats probably the same blue print for this gen...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »