Home

one quick question about ncaa. . .

This is a discussion on one quick question about ncaa. . . within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2006, 02:31 AM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: one quick question about ncaa. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn5373
I hope so, this was the reason i didn't buy madden for the 360.
same here...
Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

If it is included, it should only be enabled if your opponent is going to go coop as well. It leads to an unfair advantage for the coop team otherwise. For example, each controlling a DE, sliding out as far as possible from the DTs, then at the snap both ends making a bee-line for the QB. The single player has no chance. Then, you hear the two players talking much trash to you over the headset...
Old 05-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

It would be cool to finally be able to play coop online in your saved season/dynasty as well. I mean, you can pretty much do this for games like Perfect Dark (ie.... load up your mission, invite a player to join you, play, save).

I thought I heard that you can do something similar to this in Madden '07 for 360 this year where you load up your season and instead of playing against the computer, you invite someone to play against you. If you can do this, hopefully you can invite someone to play with you as well.

I'm surprised sports games haven't included this option before. I would have thought 2k games would have at least tried it, since they were always better at innovating with the online stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I will be more than pleased if we can at least play Coop offline.

Remember Madden 06 360 didn´t have this option.... hope they bring it back for this year.. at least offline, then we can ask for more
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #13
Rookie

^^^ Yeah, but it really should have been there last year for Madden 360 offline. Sooner or later they need to add some better online stuff and playing online cooperatively should not be that hard to implement. Just kind of bugs me that EA spends time on minigames like Road to the Heisman, Bowling, Mascot games, and 40-yd dases/weightlifting and then don't add some better online modes.

If it's not there next year, it probably never will be. EA must not think it's that important.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack
^^^ Yeah, but it really should have been there last year for Madden 360 offline. Sooner or later they need to add some better online stuff and playing online cooperatively should not be that hard to implement. Just kind of bugs me that EA spends time on minigames like Road to the Heisman, Bowling, Mascot games, and 40-yd dases/weightlifting and then don't add some better online modes.

If it's not there next year, it probably never will be. EA must not think it's that important.
EA has stated publically that they don't invest much time in online because it's not popular enough yet. It really irks me too because i'm 80% online and 20% offline guy.

For example, in 2004 online play we used to be able to select weather, alternate jerseys and even stadium. Which was great for leagues because like for bowl games you could choose the actual stadium. Then in 2005 they removed all 3 of those options. One year I could have stood it but in 2006 they were missing again. I hope those options are back in for 2007.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #15
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
EA has stated publically that they don't invest much time in online because it's not popular enough yet. It really irks me too because i'm 80% online and 20% offline guy.

For example, in 2004 online play we used to be able to select weather, alternate jerseys and even stadium. Which was great for leagues because like for bowl games you could choose the actual stadium. Then in 2005 they removed all 3 of those options. One year I could have stood it but in 2006 they were missing again. I hope those options are back in for 2007.
The worst part about online is that so many people complain about cheesers and random cheating that, most likely and this is just my opinion, EA doesn't feel the need to spend a whole lot of time on it. I'm probably wrong considering I've never worked for EA or a game company, but if I was in charge and saw a portion of my product getting nothing but complaints, I wouldn't make it the meat of my product, I would just fix it enough to make some of the complaints stop and work on what most (average gamers) want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2006, 11:18 AM   #16
Rookie

I agree with both of you guys (ODogg and Cletus),

I can kind of see why EA doesn't concentrate on it. EA tries to appeal to the masses and it's not like it would be a huge selling point (although the fact that Madden is getting online opponents added for season games is a good sign).

Not to bring up the exclusivity arguing again, but it is small things like this that make me miss the 2k sports competition. Even if online co-op for sports isn't a huge selling point for one person to upgrade the current version of their game, it is the type of thing a competitor could tout as at least an advantage or a way to differentiate its product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »