Home

Release Dates Changing.....

This is a discussion on Release Dates Changing..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Release Dates Changing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There is a big difference between relasing two versions months apart from each other (College Hoops) and two-three weeks (NCAA) from each other.

Also, Why the hell is this even a topic? We are acting as if some guy from Gamestop's word is golden. Gamestops website says the 18th. So does EB's and So does EA's. Its the 18th people.

Ok people I am going to give you an insider secret. Here it comes.

The reason the original release date was July 3rd was so that EB/Gamestop could take pre-orders. EB/Gamestop can't take pre-orders without an "exact" date(both month and day) and can't develop a sku number for it until they enter the date into the computers. The 3rd was the first Monday of the month therefore it was chosen to be the "date" so that EB/Gamestop could take pre-orders. Why this happens you ask? EA tells EB/Gamestop that the release date will be in July but not certain which day. EB/Gamestop want to take pre-orders so they just "make up" a date.

NCAA has never released before the middle of July and never will. I am surprised on the other hand that Madden is being released on the 22nd, because it usually ships the day after the Hall of Fame game. We'll see if it changes this year.

There you go, some inside information

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Mac a member of our Maddenplanet.com forums who is highly regarded said that the release date is July 18.
That was the most recent update that is in there computers.

http://www.madden04.com/forums/index...howtopic=44802
Old 05-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #43
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

July 18th. Two months to go.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #44
R**k**

OVR: 3

Now that I can get past the jump ball in College Hoops and the freezes in MLB, I have plenty of gaming for the next 60 days. And playing Oblivion is taking up big chunks of gaming time as well.

I was not surprised that the release date was moved back. Hasn't this happened every year? I think the comment about the release date entered to get preorders is spot on. EB/Gamespot put a guess in their computers and update it with the real date when EA gives them the word. I never expected it to come out on July 3.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
I was not surprised that the release date was moved back. Hasn't this happened every year? I think the comment about the release date entered to get preorders is spot on. EB/Gamespot put a guess in their computers and update it with the real date when EA gives them the word. I never expected it to come out on July 3.
Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to even call it a release date unless you see it on EA's website, or see a press release from EA on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 6

I am just happy EA has a release date on thier website. I don't want to go through that same crap with college hoops 2k6. I loved the game but that was just plain bad.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ok people I am going to give you an insider secret. Here it comes.

The reason the original release date was July 3rd was so that EB/Gamestop could take pre-orders. EB/Gamestop can't take pre-orders without an "exact" date(both month and day) and can't develop a sku number for it until they enter the date into the computers. The 3rd was the first Monday of the month therefore it was chosen to be the "date" so that EB/Gamestop could take pre-orders. Why this happens you ask? EA tells EB/Gamestop that the release date will be in July but not certain which day. EB/Gamestop want to take pre-orders so they just "make up" a date.

NCAA has never released before the middle of July and never will. I am surprised on the other hand that Madden is being released on the 22nd, because it usually ships the day after the Hall of Fame game. We'll see if it changes this year.

There you go, some inside information
Well your inside information is wrong. We are taking reserves for God of war 2 and for Legend of Zelda Twilight princess and all they say are September and February. We dont need exact dates to take reserves. Even with exact dates we sometime do not take reserves on titles as well. There's a game coming out this week called Fuel, an ATV racer, and we aren't taking reserves on it.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:29 PM   #48
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattawn
Well your inside information is wrong. We are taking reserves for God of war 2 and for Legend of Zelda Twilight princess and all they say are September and February. We dont need exact dates to take reserves. Even with exact dates we sometime do not take reserves on titles as well. There's a game coming out this week called Fuel, an ATV racer, and we aren't taking reserves on it.

First of all do you work for either EB or Gamestop?

Secondly, I never said that every game has the ability to be reserved. I merely stated what it took for a game to be reserved. Don't over-read a post.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »