Home

New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

This is a discussion on New interview with the NCAA 07 producers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 08:13 AM   #49
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I am suprised of just how many people CAN'T understand that this stuff takes time and EA is building these next gen games in steps rather than gaint leaps.
We understand it takes time but we still want most of the main features. I think NCAA for the 360 will have most of what everyone wants since most features in last year's current gen will be there. I think a lot of people were pissed at Madden 360 since it was so stripped down. They probably should have waited to release Madden until this year but they want the money. If they had reduced the price, people may have been happier but we as consumers have the final say. If you are not happy with the product, don't buy it. Its a tough pill to swallow in the exclusive business era but what else can we do besides complain which doesn't do much to the bottom line?

I think the problem is people think a lot of this stuff is just excuses for not getting it in. Some people get upset with 2K saying they are just ports but I would rather port over everything and just improve the graphics for the first iteration and then improve gameplay rather than take a step back in a lot of areas. If you port, the game won't take a step back.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Advanced does not necessarily equal complicated.

Xbox 360 is a more advanced (highly developed) system, but not necessarily more complicated. In fact, Microsoft was able to make advanced programming for the 360 LESS complicated which is why they have a higher number of software companies developing for the 360, man. The gameplay for 2006 was more than adequate. I do not believe for a second, that they didn't put features in due to time constraints or programming limitations. Mark my words, EA will add 2004-2006 current gen features and market them as new(with an asterick, to the 360) in '08. Its almost as if they are herding people to buy the current gen NCAA. I wouldn't be surprised that PS3 will have NCAA '07 with all of the features and graphics.

By the way, unfortunately, they do say this in the boardroom: "since we don't have this feature....strongly promote this substitute."
I swear this site kills me...:

1. We dont know the number of people that are working the next gen versions of NCAA, Madden, NBA2K etc. It could be 5 people...it could be 50. So stop saying that EA or 2K or any developer is being lazy because no one her knows their resources....

2. Unless you have actually programmed a sports video game before I dont want to hear you say that adding a feature should be easy. Ask any developer and they will tell you its not easy to add features (especially when you on a 7-8 mos schedule). When I've talked to developers in the past they tell me that things as small as creating stadiums or multiplayer franchise modes are hard as hell to create and take alot more time then you think. And you know what? I believe them because I have never worked on a game so I have no idea if its hard or not.

3. People on this board cant make up there mind whether they want a port or not. Ive read some of the same people bitch about 2K basically porting their games over to the 360 and bitch about EA creating new games with less features. What do you guys want?

4. Finally, this isnt some grand conspiracy by EA to make you buy both games. Honestly 99% of the people who buy this game will buy one version. I'm buying the 360 version and while I would love to see the spring game and new formations in the game, I would rather have the new graphics, animations and stadiums. I made a choice. The only question is: is the spring game worth 50 bucks to you? Are the new formations for Nevada and other teams worth 50 bucks to you? If they are then just buy both or just buy the current gen verison. Just stop with the stupid conspiracy theories.

P.S. This isnt just directed at you elprez. Also, the PS3 will not have a version of NCAA 07. I confirmed that at E3.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
AAARRRRGGGGHH!H! I second that. Give me the great next-gen graphics. Work on and improve the gameplay...and if you are gonna include something... Include the team-specific playbooks ala the current gen. Include the Spring Game ala the current gen... and include ALL OF THE STADIUMS!
The stadiums I can give them a break on, as travelling to all of them would be quite the task. The rest though is rediculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
3. People on this board cant make up there mind whether they want a port or not. Ive read some of the same people bitch about 2K basically porting their games over to the 360 and bitch about EA creating new games with less features. What do you guys want?
If it's a same year game (ie the 06/2K6), a port is acceptable. If it's a whole year later, and it's an enhanced graphic port of a 3 year old game, that's lame. If they released NCAA 06 on the 360, I'd understand, but nothing new and they've had a whole year?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #53
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going to quote this for no other reason than I think it strongly bears repeating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I swear this site kills me...:

1. We dont know the number of people that are working the next gen versions of NCAA, Madden, NBA2K etc. It could be 5 people...it could be 50. So stop saying that EA or 2K or any developer is being lazy because no one her knows their resources....

2. Unless you have actually programmed a sports video game before I dont want to hear you say that adding a feature should be easy. Ask any developer and they will tell you its not easy to add features (especially when you on a 7-8 mos schedule). When I've talked to developers in the past they tell me that things as small as creating stadiums or multiplayer franchise modes are hard as hell to create and take alot more time then you think. And you know what? I believe them because I have never worked on a game so I have no idea if its hard or not.

4. Finally, this isnt some grand conspiracy by EA to make you buy both games. Honestly 99% of the people who buy this game will buy one version. I'm buying the 360 version and while I would love to see the spring game and new formations in the game, I would rather have the new graphics, animations and stadiums. I made a choice. The only question is: is the spring game worth 50 bucks to you? Are the new formations for Nevada and other teams worth 50 bucks to you? If they are then just buy both or just buy the current gen verison. Just stop with the stupid conspiracy theories.

P.S. This isnt just directed at you elprez. Also, the PS3 will not have a version of NCAA 07. I confirmed that at E3.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
If it's a same year game (ie the 06/2K6), a port is acceptable. If it's a whole year later, and it's an enhanced graphic port of a 3 year old game, that's lame. If they released NCAA 06 on the 360, I'd understand, but nothing new and they've had a whole year?
Actually there is alot new. New stadiums, new animations, new playbooks. I saw all of that at E3 and the game was only at 60%.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually there is alot new. New stadiums, new animations, new playbooks. I saw all of that at E3 and the game was only at 60%.
How many new playbooks did you see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #56
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7

Its sad they had to take away im tired of ea's lame answers.Ill buy the game though lol.I know that madden is the base for this game so why do we have to wait so long for extra features im sure they took some things they did for madden and used it for the production of this game they are not totally building this game from scratch.They know they can get away with it and they will.

For 10 dollars more your always going to be one step behind.It make the people that have ps2 and xbox1 feel like they are not getting left out but screws us that pay 10 dollars more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »