Home

New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

This is a discussion on New interview with the NCAA 07 producers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #57
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Its sad they had to take away im tired of ea's lame answers.Ill buy the game though lol.I know that madden is the base for this game so why do we have to wait so long for extra features im sure they took some things they did for madden and used it for the production of this game they are not totally building this game from scratch.They know they can get away with it and they will.

For 10 dollars more your always going to be one step behind.It make the people that have ps2 and xbox1 feel like they are not getting left out but screws us that pay 10 dollars more.
This is exactly what i was talking about above. The current gen buyers get new playbooks, SI covers and a spring game. Next gen get brand new graphics, new stadiums and better animations. Nobody is getting screwed. It just depends on what you want.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
How many new playbooks did you see?
Florida and Texas A+M had more plays then they had last year from what I saw.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is exactly what i was talking about above. The current gen buyers get new playbooks, SI covers and a spring game. Next gen get brand new graphics, new stadiums and better animations. Nobody is getting screwed. It just depends on what you want.
With the 360 version, I'm getting the most realistic graphics, along with new animations which can only add realism to what was already one of my favorite sports games to play. If I'm supposed to feel like I'm getting screwed, I must be a whore because I don't feel a thing.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #60
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
If I'm supposed to feel like I'm getting screwed, I must be a whore because I don't feel a thing.
LOL. I just hope the game comes out a bit earlier so I can play on my summer vacation.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #61
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

However...
Quote:
1. We dont know the number of people that are working the next gen versions of NCAA, Madden, NBA2K etc. It could be 5 people...it could be 50. So stop saying that EA or 2K or any developer is being lazy because no one her knows their resources....
We may not know exactly what their resources are, but we do know how much of their resources went towards the exclusive lisence. Many people feel they could've directed those resources towards game development instead.

Quote:
3. People on this board cant make up there mind whether they want a port or not. Ive read some of the same people bitch about 2K basically porting their games over to the 360 and bitch about EA creating new games with less features. What do you guys want?
Easy. People want new games with more features. Again, had they directed their resources towards game development...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #62
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
1. We dont know the number of people that are working the next gen versions of NCAA, Madden, NBA2K etc. It could be 5 people...it could be 50. So stop saying that EA or 2K or any developer is being lazy because no one her knows their resources...
I don't think they're lazy, but some of the football decisions they've made are extremely puzzling. Release a new gameplay engine with no significant gameplay enhancements? They've done a great job with the stadiums, but it's almost as if they've focused more on that aspect than anything else.

Quote:
2. Unless you have actually programmed a sports video game before I dont want to hear you say that adding a feature should be easy. Ask any developer and they will tell you its not easy to add features (especially when you on a 7-8 mos schedule). When I've talked to developers in the past they tell me that things as small as creating stadiums or multiplayer franchise modes are hard as hell to create and take alot more time then you think. And you know what? I believe them because I have never worked on a game so I have no idea if its hard or not.

3. People on this board cant make up there mind whether they want a port or not. Ive read some of the same people bitch about 2K basically porting their games over to the 360 and bitch about EA creating new games with less features. What do you guys want?
I think if they had pushed the envelope harder in the current gen of games this wouldn't be as much of an issue - and they should be chastised for not doing so. Granted, there are many that want to have their cake and eat it too - I thought it was dumb to expect VC to release vastly new/different game engines for both current gen and next gen games in the same year, especially when it wasn't needed. It looked really good last year and now it's looking fantastic - I don't think it's too much to expect the same from Madden/NCAA. If anything we should expect more from them given their size and position. Although this is the first year for NCAA, so it gets a bit of a pass. I know they're trying to build a foundation, but you'd think they wouldn't have placed themselves in the position where they had to essentially start from scratch (which they haven't because the game bears a lot of similiarity to the current gen version of the game - and rightly so)
Old 05-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #63
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I'll take better gameplay over gimmick features. As long as the gameplay is top notch for the 360 then I couldn't care less about Spring game, etc. They can add those as we progress.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #64
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I don't think they're lazy, but some of the football decisions they've made are extremely puzzling. Release a new gameplay engine with no significant gameplay enhancements? They've done a great job with the stadiums, but it's almost as if they've focused more on that aspect than anything else.

I think if they had pushed the envelope harder in the current gen of games this wouldn't be as much of an issue - and they should be chastised for not doing so. Granted, there are many that want to have their cake and eat it too - I thought it was dumb to expect VC to release vastly new/different game engines for both current gen and next gen games in the same year, especially when it wasn't needed. It looked really good last year and now it's looking fantastic - I don't think it's too much to expect the same from Madden/NCAA. If anything we should expect more from them given their size and position. Although this is the first year for NCAA, so it gets a bit of a pass. I know they're trying to build a foundation, but you'd think they wouldn't have placed themselves in the position where they had to essentially start from scratch (which they haven't because the game bears a lot of similiarity to the current gen version of the game - and rightly so)
As an aside...talking to some of the guys at 2K they told me that they have realistic arenas for every team in NBA 2k7. Now thats only 30 arenas and I think most people will tell me that when it comes to next gen EA's arenas and stadiums have looked much better than 2Ks. There reason for the missing arenas is because it takes a lot of time to create accurate arenas for the 360. Its something that you cant just port from current gen. So EA made the decision to create 70 extremely accurate stadiums and not add a spring game or new formations only used by a few teams.

What cracks me up is that if EA made a "football decision" and added the formations instead of Clemson's or Texas's or FSU's stadium...you guys would be pitching an even bigger bitch. I think the large majority of people would rather have 70 accurate stadiums then a spring game and the Nevada pistol formation (among others). They made a choice and honestly it was the right choice. OS FORUM POSTERS ARE NOT THE MAJORITY!. We are a very small minority. Most people would rather have accurate stadiums and a solid football game then generic stadiums and some new formations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »