Home

I'm not sure I like this...

This is a discussion on I'm not sure I like this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: I'm not sure I like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
You are correct as far as using max protect schemes, hard counts, rollouts, etc. That’s football 101. Having to stop a havoc wrecking DE (like a Freeney) is football. Which is my point. There was no need to add a gimmick like this “Jump on snap” because there already was that ability to “Jump on snap” for those that have mastered the art of playing defense. Another example of an unnecessary “gimmick” would be things like “powering up” your back so his jukes would be more effective (2K). I just think those types of things open the door too wide for cheesy type play. I haven’t seen it implemented yet so it could be much ado about nothing but I’m just trying to make gameplay as tight and realistic as possible.

I can understand that. I think jumping the snap does make the game play realistic though. Or at least it forces people on offense to vary what they do. I mean we do not know what's in the game yet. If we take Madden 360 for instance, you can run No Huddle with no penalty. Let's say NCAA 360 or even current gen let's a player run No Huddle EVERY play. You would BEG for there to be a jump snap feature then because other wise you will never get a good pass rush and your pass D will get ripped to shreds
Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I can understand that. I think jumping the snap does make the game play realistic though. Or at least it forces people on offense to vary what they do. I mean we do not know what's in the game yet. If we take Madden 360 for instance, you can run No Huddle with no penalty. Let's say NCAA 360 or even current gen let's a player run No Huddle EVERY play. You would BEG for there to be a jump snap feature then because other wise you will never get a good pass rush and your pass D will get ripped to shreds
Aw man, another one of my pet peeves, the no huddle every play cheeser! Although I wouldn't use it, the jump snap may come in handy in that scenario. Usually I would just sit back in a two deep zone, and patrol the middle of the field with my MLB, sometimes bringing in a corner blitzer because most no huddlers are pass happy.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:51 AM   #19
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait
The momentum system for current gen actually sounds pretty good (+1 rating for your team for every 20% of the momentum bar that is full), but the next gen implementation of the momentum system sounds a little questionable:

From EA:

If you have momentum on your side could it mean sack after sack after sack - only causing the momentum to go up further? Will we be at the mercy of cheesers who will be able to abuse this? I hope not.

With all the news that is coming out, it sounds like this isn't a very good year (NCAA-wise) to be a 360 owner. Does the 360 have backwards capability for Xbox games? I was thinking of picking up a 360, but I doubt I would prefer the next-gen NCAA over current gen after everything I've been hearing lately.
Yes, it does sound like the nano blitzers are getting another feature that favors them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »