Home

New CFBWishlist Article! (More Feature focus)

This is a discussion on New CFBWishlist Article! (More Feature focus) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: New CFBWishlist Article! (More Feature focus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Hehe, I'm pretty sure they've heard it already
Yeah it is a good idea and is how it should be in the game. As you said, watching a real NFL game you see the pocket form in almost a letter C around the QB....but in the videogame it's mostly a letter I. The ideas about improved blocking interaction could help clear that up, with more "push" blocking rather than suction blocking, and making the offensive tackles have a higher propencity to push speed rushers downfield past the QB like they do in real life, thus forming the C.

I have noticed EA is attempting to do this because last year's Madden was the first time i've noticed that I had a feeling of a need to not move around as much in the pocket or you'd get sacked (as you should) unless you had Mike Vick but they still have a ways to go.

I guess I am a little biased about the cone because I invented it, LOL, ok I didn't invent it but I did come up with the idea and submitted it to the Madden wish list. But I do agree that the idea needs some work and most people don't want certain facets of this sort of thing in their videogames.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah it is a good idea and is how it should be in the game. As you said, watching a real NFL game you see the pocket form in almost a letter C around the QB....but in the videogame it's mostly a letter I. The ideas about improved blocking interaction could help clear that up, with more "push" blocking rather than suction blocking, and making the offensive tackles have a higher propencity to push speed rushers downfield past the QB like they do in real life, thus forming the C.

I have noticed EA is attempting to do this because last year's Madden was the first time i've noticed that I had a feeling of a need to not move around as much in the pocket or you'd get sacked (as you should) unless you had Mike Vick but they still have a ways to go.

I guess I am a little biased about the cone because I invented it, LOL, ok I didn't invent it but I did come up with the idea and submitted it to the Madden wish list. But I do agree that the idea needs some work and most people don't want certain facets of this sort of thing in their videogames.

I like the overall idea, I would just tweak it with like you said a C pocket/pass rush and then have those ratings come into play and simply have the QB turn his head to the WR first. The only thing that would be different for the way I'm saying is no flashlight, get some additional player attributes involved and the QB standing in the middle of a C pocket.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
If you're playing a single player game you have to control the QB on a passing play and you are looking to distribute the ball. If you are running the ball with your RB or making a run after the catch with your wideout you're just trying not to get tackled. You can't control everyone on defense or offense but you can control the QB.
I don't understand your argument. You are always in control of every player you play with. Why is the QB so different from a RB? Just because he throws a ball and doesn't run with it or tackle people doesn't mean awareness isn't important at the other positions. There are a lot of physically gifted RBs in the league but vision is what makes the player great. Emmitt had great vision and didn't have great speed. If we applied the vision cone concept to when you were the RB, you might have the camera zoom in or out depending on your awareness which would show you more of the field. Maybe the gameplay should slow down for you Matrix style to allow you to read the play easier. Zach Thomas isn't that physically gifted but has tremendous instincts. How do you separate him from a similarly gifted player with no instincts when you are playing with them? Either way, its still the same concept whether you like the concept or not.

I do like the attempt to factor in QB awareness while your playing but think there are better things than a flashlight on the field.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #28
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't understand your argument. You are always in control of every player you play with. Why is the QB so different from a RB? Just because he throws a ball and doesn't run with it or tackle people doesn't mean awareness isn't important at the other positions. There are a lot of physically gifted RBs in the league but vision is what makes the player great. Emmitt had great vision and didn't have great speed. If we applied the vision cone concept to when you were the RB, you might have the camera zoom in or out depending on your awareness which would show you more of the field. Maybe the gameplay should slow down for you Matrix style to allow you to read the play easier. Zach Thomas isn't that physically gifted but has tremendous instincts. How do you separate him from a similarly gifted player with no instincts when you are playing with them? Either way, its still the same concept whether you like the concept or not.

I do like the attempt to factor in QB awareness while your playing but think there are better things than a flashlight on the field.
Good post. I like the zoom in cone concept idea when playing. It would be awesome if they put in a camera view that showed from the player you're controlling eyes. Actually, I would like to see this camera view in all sports game. That's really the reason I singled out the quarterback position. I definetly didn't want come off as if I thought awareness at the QB was more important than the rest of the positions. When I was reading your post it seemed more logical and easier to implement at QB than others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »