Home

What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

This is a discussion on What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #73
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ginn has breakaway speed unlike anyone i've ever seen play at the college level.
Watch more games. Ginn's a great talent, but lets not make him out to be an all-timer.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am curious to see USC's rankings.

A good portion of the defensive front 7 missed large portions of the season last year, the secondary will basically be all players who have never played before.

JD Booty, only has garbage time experience, no one knows how he will play when the games really start to matter. Mark Sanchez another one of USC's highly touted young QB's has yet to take a snap. With Herschel Dennis and Desmond Reed out for the year, they have no Tailbacks that have taken a snap when it counts. And only Michael Coleman I believe has had any actual game experience of the remaining TB's. I am interested to see how they rate Brandon Hancock, who had a wonderful Rose Bowl, and is a very good athlete.

I don't think anyone can deny the sheer depth of talent USC has accumulated, but the problem is the majority of those players have either never taken a snap, or haven't really played when it mattered. That would be tough to rate, as some are bound to be busts and some are bound to pan out.

WR's Jarrett, Smith, Turner, etc. should have decent ratings obviously. The oline should also be highly rated as the return most of their starters.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:51 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordForHeisman
Sorry, I don't mean to bring up such an old topic, but I have to stand up for my boy. Not only did Darby run behind a worse O-line, but he also averaged more yards per carry. I think his ypc was 5.3 while Irons was 5.1. Also, how many of Irons' TDs were scored inside the 10 yard line? My bet was that it was at least 7 of his 13, if not more. Darby was always taken out once we got inside the 10 and Tim Castille was put in. He scored 8 touchdowns on the season. Assuming Darby was left in and he scored all of those 2 yard TDs, he would have had 11.
Auburn never averages a lot of YPC against mediocre teams because we grind the clock at the end of games. Carnell Williams averaged fewer YPC than Darby, but he was still much better. You have to compare games against their best competition; Darby vs Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU and Irons vs UGA, LSU, and Bammers

Darby: 62 carries for 279 yards (4.5 YPC) 0 TDs
Irons: 92 carries for 500 yards (5.4 YPC) 4 TDs

All of Darby's games combined doesn't equal the dominance of Irons against LSu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Auburn never averages a lot of YPC against mediocre teams because we grind the clock at the end of games. Carnell Williams averaged fewer YPC than Darby, but he was still much better. You have to compare games against their best competition; Darby vs Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU and Irons vs UGA, LSU, and Bammers

Darby: 62 carries for 279 yards (4.5 YPC) 0 TDs
Irons: 92 carries for 500 yards (5.4 YPC) 4 TDs

All of Darby's games combined doesn't equal the dominance of Irons against LSu
And Bama never tries to run the clock? I love Irons and think he's a great back. My sister took a class with him and said he was a really cool guy. But if you looked at it, most of the time he wasn't even touched until he was 4 yards down field. Most of the time Darby had to make at least 1 person miss in the backfield, sometimes more.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #77
Rookie

mcbh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBomber49
Illinois. While we were incredibly crappy the bast 3 years, we have an influx of talent this year and tons of returning experience (Is that a good thing?) Mostly, though, I want to see if we are picked at the bottom of the Big 10 or slightly above Indiana. Also, I hear the Triple Stack is in the game. Which means Derrick McPhearson motioning to the backfield should be fun.
DUDE ILLINOIS SUCKS, THE ZOOKER IS A DOUCHE BAG.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:53 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
DUDE ILLINOIS SUCKS, THE ZOOKER IS A DOUCHE BAG.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:23 AM   #79
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

I just hope Mizzou doesn't take too much of a hit without Brad Smith. But truthfuly, they probably should.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #80
Rookie

id like to see how they rate oklahoma and west virginia

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »