Home

What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

This is a discussion on What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2006, 12:27 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickkid
I have to say, I'm interested to see how far if any TCU falls off, as well as what kind of improvement is shown to both Utah and BYU. The head of the class of the Mountain West is either going to be a very interesting race, or wont be any more exciting then last year.
They never give the Mountain West any love. My guess: TCU is rated a B+ overall.

BYU:
Offense: B+
Defense: C
Special teams: B-

Utah:
Offense: B
Defense: B
Special teams: B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 01:37 PM   #66
Pro

PDex's Arena

OVR: 7

tOSU's defense since they lost everybody.

Iowa's defense since we lost key players, but have lost of experience with replacements who were higher regarded than the players who left. So my interest is tripped.

Iowa State's defense since they lost everybody.

I guess I am defensively minded.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:35 PM   #67
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDex
tOSU's defense since they lost everybody.

Iowa's defense since we lost key players, but have lost of experience with replacements who were higher regarded than the players who left. So my interest is tripped.

Iowa State's defense since they lost everybody.

I guess I am defensively minded.
OSU's defense I am guessing will be highly ranked, not the top, but ranked well. Freeman (OLB) was an absolute stud and had he not gotten injured would have seen significant playing time this year. Mike D'Andrea (MLB) has for years been at the top of the depth chart only to fall down to injury once again. Quinn Pitcock (DT) is a beast, one of the best in the Big 10 at his position I believe. Malcolm Jenkins saw significant playing time last year as a true FR and played much of the second half of the season when Everret went down. OSU's defense will be rated well, especially after the rave reviews from the spring game. You may be shocked at the number of players you may have never heard of that garner mid to upper 80s on defense. Granted though I do not see any player on the defense above a 94, and possibly one guy in the 90s, however I am biased and follow OSU to the degree I haven't been able to compare other defenses this spring because I haven't seen any tape or anything from other spring games. OSU is an amazing level of talent and potential at defense, if the unit gels, this is a very dangerous team with the talent, if not, OSU will lose 2-4 games. I think EA will rate it better than most expect.

I'm curious about Alabama and Penn State, teams that practically came from nowhere last year.

Also, ND's secondary, if any of them are in the 90s besides their good safety (crazy name Zbikowski, i dont know how to spell it), then that is vastly overrated.

Longhorn QBs are also something I am very interested in, and whether or not the EA roster will not include Ramonce Taylor.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:32 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
They never give the Mountain West any love. My guess: TCU is rated a B+ overall.

BYU:
Offense: B+
Defense: C
Special teams: B-

Utah:
Offense: B
Defense: B
Special teams: B
Got to love Beck at QB for BYU. Watkins was an animal but he's gone. Does BYU have some guys that will be able to step in for Watkins?

I'm glad I won't have to see Quinton Gaither or Fifita on the field for Utah next year. Good players there.

I think a B+ rating for TCU would be good.. I'd be surprised if we got it, though. Top 10 finish or not, it's always up in the air with regards to how they'll treat MWC ratings.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:42 PM   #69
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Here's to hoping LSU remains strong in the game as they are in real life. They lost some talent on the D-line but they have impressive players to fill those roles. The 3 QBs should all be rated well, Broussard is said to be recovering from the knee injury well at RB and the have depth there always.

Geaux Ti-Gers!
Old 05-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 62

I am more interested in certain players myself, such as Greg Carr of FSU, and how they handle is ratings. If he is rated correctly in such areas as jump, he could be unstoppable with his 6'6 height.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculac
The Darby apologists continue to harp on the fact that he ran behind a much worse O Line than Irons did. However, that shouldnt change much this year either so that argument isn't valid. What the UA fans neglect to mention though is that Irons was averaging about 9 carries a game for 64 yards (through 5 games) before his breakout game against Arkansas, a game in which he wasn't even the starter. After Lester went down, Irons averaged over 140 yards/game over the final 7 games, while going for 220 against LSU and 180 against Georgia. Irons didn't even start his first game until October 22 in Baton Rouge. A breakdown of SEC games only would reveal that Darby had something like 840 yards against SEC teams while Irons had 940. Irons also scored about 14 touchdowns while Darby reeled off 3.
Sorry, I don't mean to bring up such an old topic, but I have to stand up for my boy. Not only did Darby run behind a worse O-line, but he also averaged more yards per carry. I think his ypc was 5.3 while Irons was 5.1. Also, how many of Irons' TDs were scored inside the 10 yard line? My bet was that it was at least 7 of his 13, if not more. Darby was always taken out once we got inside the 10 and Tim Castille was put in. He scored 8 touchdowns on the season. Assuming Darby was left in and he scored all of those 2 yard TDs, he would have had 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #72
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Tennessee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »