Home

Historic Rosters

This is a discussion on Historic Rosters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4
Historic Rosters

1) Does anyone want an accurate roster file for the historic rosters for NCAA 07? If enough people want them, I'll plan on making them and uploading them - as well as creating a text file so someone on the other systems can create a roster file. I'm a historic team junky - I love having epic match-ups of some of the all-time great teams against my friends. Going through the historic rosters I downloaded last year I noticed a lot of mistakes, so I was thinking about creating them myself.

2) Does anyone think that you should be able to use historic teams in online play? The nice thing about the historic teams on 06 is that they all aren't all A+ teams with 99 ovr players at every position, so you could actually use them against present-day teams and not have the game become very lopsided skill-wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Historic Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait
1) Does anyone want an accurate roster file for the historic rosters for NCAA 07? If enough people want them, I'll plan on making them and uploading them - as well as creating a text file so someone on the other systems can create a roster file. I'm a historic team junky - I love having epic match-ups of some of the all-time great teams against my friends. Going through the historic rosters I downloaded last year I noticed a lot of mistakes, so I was thinking about creating them myself.

2) Does anyone think that you should be able to use historic teams in online play? The nice thing about the historic teams on 06 is that they all aren't all A+ teams with 99 ovr players at every position, so you could actually use them against present-day teams and not have the game become very lopsided skill-wise.
Yes definitely!

yes Defintely again!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait
Does anyone want an accurate roster file for the historic rosters for NCAA 07?
Yes.

By the way, what system would you make them for?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
Rookie

stevo3131's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes, that would be awesome. It is always fun to have matchups like Bo vs OJ or Marcus Allen.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:34 AM   #5
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookooForCocoa
Yes.

By the way, what system would you make them for?
I'd be making them for PS2, but like I said, I'll make a text file with the completed rosters on them. Then, whoever has an Xbox can just fill out the rosters and put them online for that system.

I'm planning on fixing some little inconsistencies I've noticed such as: certain 2nd or 3rd string players that are rated far higher or lower than the starter. An example of this would be in 1996 for the Florida Gators their MLB James Bates is rated very low (because Jevon Kearse is ahead of him on EA's depth chart) even though he was a team captain and led the team in tackles. Another inconsistency is player's rating fluctuating in an abnormal fashion from year-to-year. An example of this is Andre Wadsworth's rating on the 1995 FSU team is in the very high 90's, even though he only had 2 sacks on the season and hadn't grown into the force that he would eventually become. Then on the 1997 FSU roster, Wadsworth is rated in the low 80's even though he had 16 sacks that season.

I'm also planning on adjusting depth charts to be as correct as possible as well as starting the correct players at the punt and kick return positions.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »