Home

xbox version vs. xbox 360 version

This is a discussion on xbox version vs. xbox 360 version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: xbox version vs. xbox 360 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Uhh, yeah there is a ton left out. I was really looking foward to the X360 version, but there's nothing in it. In dynasty all there will be is recruiting and playing. No spring game, no covers, no HFA, no playbooks, just advance to next week.

I guess I'll wait to NBA 2k7 comes out to pick up a 360 and get NCAA when it's $20.

Graphics
Dynamic Crowds
Real Stadiums
vs
ESPN covers
spring game
HFA
new playbooks
CAT
Classic teams
trick plays

And that's now. Who knows if EA won't choose to cut out even more features before July? Maybe awards will be too hard to put in the 360 version.
Originally, it sounded like classic teams would be missing from all version of the game. However, if you look at the official site, it sounds like there will be some "classic" stuff in the 360 version.

That's really the only must-have feature for me. If I can't play with Choo-Choo Justice, LT, and Pep, I won't get the game.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #18
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
......there's nothing in it. In dynasty all there will be is recruiting and playing.
If ALL that is in there will be recruiting and playing I think I will be just fine. To me that is kind of the essence of college football. Oh wait, I forgot the stadiums and crowds.....no.....wait........that is in there too. I guess I really do want this game.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84
mr. rag-on-360, there are also features on 360 that arn't in the xbox version like dynamic crowds and sidelines, better stat tracking, and you can comfirmed edit players and import draft classes. There isn't a ton left out and they have added stuff so don't treat this as like the difference between XBOX Madden 06 vs 360 Madden 06.
Yeah..No way am I going back to the awful graphics that plagued the Xbox version..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
If ALL that is in there will be recruiting and playing I think I will be just fine. To me that is kind of the essence of college football. Oh wait, I forgot the stadiums and crowds.....no.....wait........that is in there too. I guess I really do want this game.
Then I guess you'll get what you want.

Personally, I enjoy doing more than simply play game, advance to next week, play game, advance to next week, play game...

I enjoy hearing about the other teams/players in the country, I enjoy having a Heisman race between my QB and TTechs, looking every week to see who's ahead. I enjoy making the cover of SI. I enjoy keeping up with other players, beyond simply seeing that Cal's RB leads the country in yards, I like to see his face on the section of PotW.

For me, just playing a game and advancing is too simple, and apparantly most people thought so after NCAA 2003, so EA created the magazine.

Having improved graphics and crowds is nice, but when I play Florida, I want to see the Spread Option. I play as Auburn, so I want an arsenal of fake reverses. If I play Nevada I want to see the pistol offense.

Sorry for being disappointed in EA, but they come out by saying there's all these great features like a spring game and real playbooks, and then they hide and whisper that these may not be available on the 360, and that the best dynasty feature from last gen isn't there. I find that a bit lame.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Then I guess you'll get what you want.

Personally, I enjoy doing more than simply play game, advance to next week, play game, advance to next week, play game...

I enjoy hearing about the other teams/players in the country, I enjoy having a Heisman race between my QB and TTechs, looking every week to see who's ahead. I enjoy making the cover of SI. I enjoy keeping up with other players, beyond simply seeing that Cal's RB leads the country in yards, I like to see his face on the section of PotW.

For me, just playing a game and advancing is too simple, and apparantly most people thought so after NCAA 2003, so EA created the magazine.

Having improved graphics and crowds is nice, but when I play Florida, I want to see the Spread Option. I play as Auburn, so I want an arsenal of fake reverses. If I play Nevada I want to see the pistol offense.

Sorry for being disappointed in EA, but they come out by saying there's all these great features like a spring game and real playbooks, and then they hide and whisper that these may not be available on the 360, and that the best dynasty feature from last gen isn't there. I find that a bit lame.
I think you are lumping things together here. Just because there is no magazine cover doesn't mean you won't be able to see the heisman race, polls, awards finalists etc. Basically all the info that was in the magazine will still be accessible you just won't get the magazine cover and layouts with the headlines, which as was pointed got repetitive real fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #22
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
I too enjoyed seeing my star HB (or whomever) on the cover of SI until I realized just how repetitive the whole idea was. Not to mention the fact that the pics WERE simply templates with recycled headlines, there was NEVER any story like EA had led most of us (me included) to believe there would be after each week. There was never even a photo taken from the actual game. Had EA actually developed this section of the game I too would be sad that it was gone.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

For me it's what I decide with on Madden. Right now I'm leaning towards Madden XBOX due to the career option where the camera follows your player and you only control yourself. So if I do in fact get Madden XBOX then it's NCAA XBOX.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Last year, you guys ripped EA a new one cuz they were adding features that everyone said were stupid (RFTH etc etc) and didn't do anything to tweak the gameplay.

Now, it sounds like EA has created a fantastic playing game for the 360 but we still betch and moan because some of the very same features everyone thought was stupid last year are not in the 360 version.

It sounds like there is a lot of women on this board.

Hmm, so I get to have either or...not both?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »