Home

No Really...Where are all the movies?

This is a discussion on No Really...Where are all the movies? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
No Really...Where are all the movies?

...I thought last year at this time Op-Sports had tons of "Exclusive" movies (Exclusive meaning not from a camera phone)...

I am really interested in some gameplay videos for the 360.

...and a nice matrix on the differences between the 360 and current Gen would be cool as well...

although I am forced to get the 360 anyway (no more xbox)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: No Really...Where are all the movies?

I don't believe that Steve has a 360 debug unit. They have to wait for retail copies on 360 games. Even IGN and Gamespot don't have any footage other than the E3 vids. It'll probably be early/mid-June before the main Game sites get their betas for the plays of the day.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

I've seen very few 360 movies. Kinda strange. And the previews I've read are very discouraging. It sounds like it will be stripped down like Madden 360. EA sucks.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
I've seen very few 360 movies. Kinda strange. And the previews I've read are very discouraging. It sounds like it will be stripped down like Madden 360. EA sucks.

Where do you guys get your info?? Every preview I've read the 360 version has received very promising information.

NCAA 360 is not Madden 360.

Yes, it is missing some features that the curren gen versions have but it also has features the current gen versions do not have.

Madden 360 you couldn't even edit or create players.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Where do you guys get your info?? Every preview I've read the 360 version has received very promising information.

Yes, it is missing some features that the curren gen versions have but it also has features the current gen versions do not have.

This is from Game Informer's June issue:

"The 360's inaugural college football title is more like last year's 360 Madden with its pared-back feature set. It's like the franchise red-shirted itself!

The main component of the Xbox 360 version is a system that tracks the highs and lows of the game as the momentum shifts from team to team. This is quantifiably shown via a meter. A couple of years ago, the NCAA franchise involved crowds as an important aspect of playing against certain teams, and this Momentum Meter appears to be a logical extension of that. Do you bust out the trick plays on offense or go for that rishky all-out blitz on defense just to swing things in your direction? Will a 10-point deficit sap the drive out of your players? Hopefully the results of this dmphasis on momentum won't skew the balance of the title, as video football fans have long been concerned about the CPU artificially turning the tables via catch-up AI.

Although there will not be a version of the game for PlayStation 3, PS2 and Xbox owners can take comfort in the fact that it seems that the current-gen NCAA will contain a fuller feature set anyway."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23

Maybe that's the concern. Madden 360 set the bar so low that anything looks better in comparison. As bad as the game was, reviewers were still intimidated enough to rate it decently:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...9.asp?q=madden

I think the lack of direct feed gameplay vids to date speaks volumes about where the game is right now.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Maybe that's the concern. Madden 360 set the bar so low that anything looks better in comparison. As bad as the game was, reviewers were still intimidated enough to rate it decently:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...9.asp?q=madden

I think the lack of direct feed gameplay vids to date speaks volumes about where the game is right now.
I think you hit the nail right on the head. EA should have priced Madden at $29.99 and maybe $39.99 for NCAA. But of course they won't. They can get by with screwing the gaming public easily.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

The only gameplay video from top sites are IGN, they have the one LSU video..Then we have 2 360 trailers...and all those videos from E3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »