Home

Tournament advice

This is a discussion on Tournament advice within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2006, 02:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tournament advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
It's simple to stop HB direct slant your DL one way and your LB's the other. You also have to be good and manually making tackles.
thanks for the quick reply
I have a question, is this cheese? Putting a wr at qb and dropping straight back 20 yards every time and throwing a bomb to your impact WR. I just played a guy online who said no cheese, no hb direct and no qb scrambles, then pulled this out, plus calling special teams defenses and what not. Then against an all out blitz my qb ducked a tackle and I just ran straight up the field for like 7 yards in the broken play and he messaged me that that was cheese and he would report me and get me banned, what a joke. When I called him on the Wr BS he told me he wasnt running with him and that it was not cheese, even though he would drop straight back and bomb it. I figured "no cheese" meant a "straight game" guess I was wrong.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:30 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 30

That is the origonal cheese
Old 05-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That is the origonal cheese
Yeah, that is what I told him, that that was the definition of cheese, but what ever.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
That is just sad. True, but sad.
how is it sad? i know what your generally saying here but if the guys playing don't play at all realistic how can you expect realistic results? granted there are def. issues that need addressed (like the hb direct) but things like going for it on every 4th down and doing hurry up are parts of football that need to be in the game for it to be a realistic game.

football is a game of giving people options and people that abuse them are going to make a mockery out of the game. oh wait, that applies to ALL games. again, EA CAN do a better job of helping fix stuff that people abuse, don't get me wrong, but if you join a tournament like this where people are playing for money, they will use any exploit and play in a win-at-all-costs fashion, they don't give a rats @ss about realism.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #21
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
how is it sad? i know what your generally saying here but if the guys playing don't play at all realistic how can you expect realistic results? granted there are def. issues that need addressed (like the hb direct) but things like going for it on every 4th down and doing hurry up are parts of football that need to be in the game for it to be a realistic game.

football is a game of giving people options and people that abuse them are going to make a mockery out of the game. oh wait, that applies to ALL games. again, EA CAN do a better job of helping fix stuff that people abuse, don't get me wrong, but if you join a tournament like this where people are playing for money, they will use any exploit and play in a win-at-all-costs fashion, they don't give a rats @ss about realism.
Very True.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Very True.
I guess i've thought alot about this issue is why i had to post that. I know what you guys mean but honestly I don't think any game with as many options as football will ever be a completely str8 game no matter who you play. As long as you're the coach, in real life, or in the game, you can always do stupid/cheesy stuff.

And if you doubt what I say, then sometimes when you get with your NCAA buddies, think up of some cheese issues you've ran into online and talk about how they could be 100% "fixed" without taking control away from the user that they need to play as a coach and a player. It's not as easy as you may think when you start thinking about ramifications of things you may attempt to do to "fix" the cheese. Sometimes one fix brings up 3 more issues.

I think that people who want guaranteed 100% cheese-free games (and even with that being said one man's cheese is another man's normality) will always need to play with friends who think like they do about cheese issues or else play a coach only type game like NFL Head Coach. And even playing a coach only game would only take away player cheese, not stupid or "wrong" coaching decisions.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »