Home

We Need to face the facts

This is a discussion on We Need to face the facts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: We Need to face the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Aparently the expanded playbooks are being added to Next Gen, including the trick plays. There's a thread about it in this very forum. It was reported by IGN.

Here's the thread:
360 Playbooks = Current Gen!
Well that cements my purchase of the 360 version (barring a complete botch of the gameplay).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #26
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
But if we just sit here and kiss their butt all the time and sing praises on how we love EA., they won't do nothing to the game but change the number at the end of the title.
This is pretty much what they are doing in my opinion. It is this approach that gave games like Gameday, Fever, and the 2K series a chance to enter the market. EA stepped there game up ever so slightly when they had competition, but now all they have to do is sit on there hands and collect the cash. EA may search message boards for ideas, but they only seem to implement the easy ones.

Also, I have heard enough about building the game from the ground up. Yes, some things were but many things were not. I still see the same clothes line tackles that were introduced on the first PS2 version.

All that being said, I do not hate EA and I can enjoy Madden and NCAA for about 2 months, which is fine with me. But I really hate hearing interviews stating we can't do this and we can't do that when some of these things have already been done!

Obviously, video gaming has come a long way but I feel that we are in the same boat as hollywood now. There are not enough new ideas, so lets recycle some of the old stuff and ride it for as long as we can. Business 101, can't blame EA for that.

At the end of the day, I blame the NFL and MLB for being greedy bast@rds. And I blame myself for wasting my damn money
Old 06-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
This is pretty much what they are doing in my opinion. It is this approach that gave games like Gameday, Fever, and the 2K series a chance to enter the market. EA stepped there game up ever so slightly when they had competition, but now all they have to do is sit on there hands and collect the cash. EA may search message boards for ideas, but they only seem to implement the easy ones.

Also, I have heard enough about building the game from the ground up. Yes, some things were but many things were not. I still see the same clothes line tackles that were introduced on the first PS2 version.

All that being said, I do not hate EA and I can enjoy Madden and NCAA for about 2 months, which is fine with me. But I really hate hearing interviews stating we can't do this and we can't do that when some of these things have already been done!

Obviously, video gaming has come a long way but I feel that we are in the same boat as hollywood now. There are not enough new ideas, so lets recycle some of the old stuff and ride it for as long as we can. Business 101, can't blame EA for that.

At the end of the day, I blame the NFL and MLB for being greedy bast@rds. And I blame myself for wasting my damn money
You are so right. Hey, we're all addicts to the same drug, and they're the only supplier.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:49 AM   #28
Rookie

You guys are all over reacting relax for a minute and take a deep breath. By the time NCAA Football comes out i do believe that next gen will show its true colors you cant take a launch title and base everything off of that.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #29
Rookie

BlackRain37's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wonderful, another doom and gloom thread. Sometimes I wish you guys would be forced to go back and play Atari Realsports football then you'd really have a field day of things to complain about, for starters it was 5 on 5 and we liked it!!
This is the kinda response I used to have on these types of threads. However, after working in and around the gaming industry it frustrates me to the fullest when we get features left out and so on because I KNOW like most of us that they can put this stuff in. Unfortunatly, the all mighty dollar rules all.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRain37
This is the kinda response I used to have on these types of threads. However, after working in and around the gaming industry it frustrates me to the fullest when we get features left out and so on because I KNOW like most of us that they can put this stuff in. Unfortunatly, the all mighty dollar rules all.
I want more features put in I guess it's just that people around here only ever usually see the cup half empty that gets my goat.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
Odogg, I swear you're on EA's payroll. I don't mean this to be a doom and gloom thread. Hey, I love playing madden and NCAA. But if we just sit here and kiss their butt all the time and sing praises on how we love EA., they won't do nothing to the game but change the number at the end of the title.
I've always played madden and college over the 2k series. But I liked the fact that 2k gave them competition. I don't care what the situation is in life, you need competition.
You have to admit that we make valid points. And I think that we're all going to buy the game anyway. But don't give us a sub with lettuce and mayo one year, take off the mayo the next year, then add it back like it's a new topping(sorry for the cheesey analogy, just trying to make light on a sensitive subject)
Not to start any thing, I've alway thought so. I mean i've been on this site for years and I have never seen anyone defend ea on every front. Odogg, you have to admit at some point that ea has done things in the past that have lead people to raise peoples frustration levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #32
Rookie

You know what would make me feel a lot better? If EA would admit that they put out a bad game last year. Jut say "hey we messed up last year, but we're listening to all of the feedback, and we coming with the A game this year".
When I was at my conference last September, they wouldn't even show us the game live. We got to play a lot of current gen games at their booth, but no next gen EA stuff. It's like they knew it wasn't that good. We got to play a lot of other 360 launch games, but no EA Sports games. The rep kept telling me on how good it was going to be and people will have hell to pay for doubting them. We had to pay hell alright. Trying to justify their sub par launch titles. And I tried to like the game with all my might. You just can't justify
-No replay challenge
-NO created players
-NO franchise mode (at least a good one)
-No long hair for players. Troy Polamalu with no long hair was a little weird
-we couldn't have our own logos in the End zone for the Super Bowl.
There's a ton more. I know some of it was minor, but the point is don't feed us poo on a bun and say that it's a hamburger. Saying it's a new engine can only go but so far. But we always give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for next year. Just like I will this year. So my point is that I'm not bashing them for Madden 07, because I haven't played it. I'm bashing them for what I've already played. Don't expect us to be all good little boys and girls and kiss their butt. I'm just as optimistic about 07 as the rest of us. I 'm just stating facts on the previous

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »