Home

We Need to face the facts

This is a discussion on We Need to face the facts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: We Need to face the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
go away and don't buy the game then.

haha, that was great

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #42
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I like him already.
I don't. People like him are just as bad as the folks that bash the game illegitamately. The initial post made some good points, but he's responded to with "go away". Very productive.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #43
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Some sites have gotten "kick backs" for a few years now.
Even if it's not money, which I'm sure it is in some cases, some sites get free copies of the game to preview... early at that. I'm sure that's enough insentive for some to give a more favorable review then the game deserves.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #44
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Getting back to this topic - the facts are - we have only seen hands-on impressions and videos of the game. Until we actually get to playing the game, the fact is that neither of us knows whether this game will suck or be any good at all.

I do know that a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that EA's past 360 games have been absolutely brutal - Madden 06, NBA 06 - hell, all the EA Sports 360 games save for Fight Night.....but generally, the games have gotten better...Madden 2002 was waay better on PS2 than 2001 for example.

Just some perspective on the matter
Old 06-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #45
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Right now this forum and Madden's forum is probably 75% negative and 25% positive...if that.
...for reasons you stated. But think about where the game would be without that 75%.

I can understand why people don't like post that simply say, "the game sucks" for example. But when someone writes a paragraph or 2 on why they feel the way the do, people should respect that. If you someone disagrees, they should either ignore the post or offer some intelligent rebutals. But there's always a few posters like mcbh33 that offer nothing. The inital post was much more productive than "go away and don't buy the game". THAT'S negativity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2006, 12:08 PM   #46
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Getting back to this topic - the facts are - we have only seen hands-on impressions and videos of the game. Until we actually get to playing the game, the fact is that neither of us knows whether this game will suck or be any good at all.

I do know that a lot of the negativity comes from the fact that EA's past 360 games have been absolutely brutal - Madden 06, NBA 06 - hell, all the EA Sports 360 games save for Fight Night.....but generally, the games have gotten better...Madden 2002 was waay better on PS2 than 2001 for example.

Just some perspective on the matter
But realize that some of these vids reveal problems that have been in the game for years. Poeple are basing their prejudgement on more than recent 360 history.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I don't. People like him are just as bad as the folks that bash the game illegitamately. The initial post made some good points, but he's responded to with "go away". Very productive.
After one zillion threads accumulating over the years of amatuer beta testers ripping apart videos of football games that haven't been released yet?....I'd say "go away" is the most productive post in the thread.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #48
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
After one zillion threads accumulating over the years of amatuer beta testers ripping apart videos of football games that haven't been released yet?....I'd say "go away" is the most productive post in the thread.
"Go away" may echo your own sentiments, but that's not the same thing as being productive. What's being helped, or "produced" by saying that? Answer: nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »