Home

360 Playbooks = Current Gen!

This is a discussion on 360 Playbooks = Current Gen! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #33
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 360 Playbooks = Current Gen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I think EA had the playbooks in there all along they haven't even anounced an official features list yet. Remember last year when they gave us to much info to soon and some features got cut. Its either that or they conplaning really did pay off.
That's my guess. Perhaps they were unsure they'd be able to deliver.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Could this delay the 360 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't see them delaying the 360 version because the game is street dated for July 18th.
Has a game ever been delayed after it's been street dated?

College Hoops 2k6 really got pushed back. I am sure it was pushed back AFTER its initial street date was announced. It first had a January or February date at first and was delayed until March.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #35
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Could this delay the 360 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Has a game ever been delayed after it's been street dated?

College Hoops 2k6 really got pushed back. I am sure it was pushed back AFTER its initial street date was announced. It first had a January or February date at first and was delayed until March.
I would gladly accept the release being pushed back 2-4 weeks, provided one thing. They get it right. I am looking forward to the 18th of July as much as anyone. However, if the extra time insured a somewhat bug-less, glitch-less game with proper implementation of the expanded playbooks, I can accept this. How about the rest of you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 2

Although I am a big fan of the NCAA football games, I am confused. Has EA stated that they will be adding the formations and plays? If not, why would'nt they confirm it? The game is almost a month away from release, and they had the time to program all these new plays and formations since E3?

I hope that it is true, but now I have really lost the little respect that I have for EA. IMO, EA has done a good job with the NCAA games, now I am pissed with them always saying that they did not have enough time to implement things. Have they been lying for all these years when their excuse would always be that they did not have enough time to implement a feature? If they could put all these formations and plays in the game within two months, why were they not able to do the same for features in Madden 360?

If this is true, they need to fire everyone working on the Madden games, and have the NCAA guys work on both games. IMO, NCAA is far better than Madden anyway. Wow, if it is true, the game should be really good; then on the other hand, how will they be able to test it and get the "cheese" out?

Peace.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #37
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Very good deal
Old 06-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Or, EA is a lot smarter than we think, and had this planned all along... wait until the guaranteed complaining comes after announcing you're cutting features for next-gen, and then, in a wise PR move, arrive just in time to save the day, show the customers you actually DO care about them, and say you'll from now on work hard to include the plays that were in the game in the first place.

Or maybe not.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
If this is true, they need to fire everyone working on the Madden games, and have the NCAA guys work on both games. IMO, NCAA is far better than Madden anyway.
These guys are working on NCAA year-round, with the last few months before release being unpaid overtime intensive. You really think they can work on 2 games?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #40
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Although I am a big fan of the NCAA football games, I am confused. Has EA stated that they will be adding the formations and plays? If not, why would'nt they confirm it? The game is almost a month away from release, and they had the time to program all these new plays and formations since E3?
I sure the build they sent to E3 was early build then they are working thru to right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »