Home

Any info. re whether the deep ball and drop issues...

This is a discussion on Any info. re whether the deep ball and drop issues... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2006, 01:41 AM   #17
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Any info. re whether the deep ball and drop issues...

I don't know what you're seeing, but when I turned off HFA, it increased catching a lot.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Nah, it was damn near perfect last year. They just need to work on the short-passing game. It was perrrrrrrfect in 2004.
That's my biggest complaint too - the short passing game. Hopefully the new playbooks may help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU
It's almost impossible to defend the deep ball against the CPU. Every intended receiver is Randy Moss and WILL make the catch, no matter when you time your jump.
Maximize your knockdown slider to 99 and its not that big of a problem. Still a bit too easy but a lot better.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Isn't the 360 version supposed to include separate ratings for QBs for deep and short accuracy? Perhaps this will help to even out the balance to an appropriate percentage of short completions vs. long completions. I am playing the game on PS2, so hopefully there are additional solutions, but this may show that EA is aware of the problem.

It is one of my few complaints with '06 that I complete a greater percentage of my deep passes compared to my short, ball control passes.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteph3061
Isn't the 360 version supposed to include separate ratings for QBs for deep and short accuracy? Perhaps this will help to even out the balance to an appropriate percentage of short completions vs. long completions. I am playing the game on PS2, so hopefully there are additional solutions, but this may show that EA is aware of the problem.

It is one of my few complaints with '06 that I complete a greater percentage of my deep passes compared to my short, ball control passes.
Totally correct on that the deep accuracy seems better than short accuracy. Unfortunately while the 360 version will have more ratings, they still won't have all the ratings NFL Head Coach is using and that includes short and long QB accuracy. Maybe in another year they will bring in this long overdue rating.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
The deep ball has been overly effective in EA football games since day one. I highly doubt they will ever address it.
In NCAA maybe but in Madden 06 the deep ball is very very difficult on the PS2 unless you manually catch and/or the guy is simply open.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »