Home

Top 25 WR's

This is a discussion on Top 25 WR's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #65
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Top 25 WR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

ALMOST beat USC...wow.
Maybe they are like 'Bama and they count moral victories as real ones.

If they were ever going to beat USC last year was the year. At home, coming off a bye, USC being hit with an unusual amount of injuries in the previous weeks especially to the defense, and the concussion to Leinart. Hell they even let the grass grow to waist level to try to slow down the Trojan speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #66
Rookie

INeedShades's Arena

OVR: 3

Grey numbers for Ohio State. Fantastic.

/sarcasm
Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
USC hasn't played a non-D1A team since 1942. They OPENED their season on the road at Auburn and Virginia Tech in the last 3 years. In 2002 they played the nations toughest schedule with OOC games vs. Auburn at home and ND at home and Kansas St. and Colorado on the road in back to back weeks.

This year they open the season up on the road at Arkansas, and play Nebraska at home the next week, on top of playing Notre Dame. In '07 on top of travelling to ND they play on the road at Nebraska, with a home and home vs. Ohio St. after that.

Not every team resorts to playinng D-1AA teams and padding their schedules.
I know that, but a lot of teams have started this trend, at least in the Southeastern part of the US. In the past handful of years FSU, Miami, Florida, Auburn, and Alabama have all played a D1-AA team. Looking quickly, I think Tennessee is really the only traditional power who hasn't played one since 2000. It seems teams won't go on the road as much as they used to in a lot of the country, see the normal Big 10 scheduling, not a lot of those teams travel very much at all, with games like OSU/Texas and Michigan/Oregon being the exceptions.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #68
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedShades
Grey numbers for Ohio State. Fantastic.

/sarcasm
The Troy Smith/Ginn combo should be deadly. I am betting their defense is rated pretty well, and they will have talent at RB. I bet Ohio St. is probably the #2 or #1 rated team in the game.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #69
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
This will be the year to tell, as finally the offense has someone at QB who isn't a freshman and isn't named Chris Rix at QB. Anything less than 10-2 this year and FSU has really bottomed out and needs to find a new coach asap before they fall further.

I think you'll agree with this assessment personally.
Don't you even dare blame Chris Rix for anthing at FSU. He was one of the the biggest scapegoats in College Football history. (IMO)
Old 06-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #70
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
They are Notre Dame, they have always gotten preferential treatment by EA and always will. I read an interview where a lead programmer at EA admitted they attempt to make more popular teams better, especially on the field, even if not indicated by their ratings. Don't ask me to refind it, I doubt I can. But this is really evidenced with Notre Dame who has always played past their abilities in the game.
I'm so sick of hearing this. You guys need to break out your copies of the previous versions of the game, and check the default rosters. You'll find that ND almost never has a player ranked in the top 10 at his position, and most years they have a total of maybe 4-5 guys ranked 90+ (if that).

The idea that EA gooses the Irish's ratings (at least prior to this season) is bull.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I know that, but a lot of teams have started this trend, at least in the Southeastern part of the US. In the past handful of years FSU, Miami, Florida, Auburn, and Alabama have all played a D1-AA team. Looking quickly, I think Tennessee is really the only traditional power who hasn't played one since 2000. It seems teams won't go on the road as much as they used to in a lot of the country, see the normal Big 10 scheduling, not a lot of those teams travel very much at all, with games like OSU/Texas and Michigan/Oregon being the exceptions.
I am of the belief, and this could just be the old school player/coach in me that to be the best, you have to beat the best, and scheduling nothing but cupcakes really hurts you in the long run when you get in to the tough part of your conference schedule and the post-season. Not to mention it's being seen in the rankings more and more every year. Teams are getting more respect in the polls for playing top caliber teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Don't you even dare blame Chris Rix for anthing at FSU. He was one of the the biggest scapegoats in College Football history. (IMO)
He took some more heat that he should've, especially in 2002, but when it came to big games he brought a lot of it on himself, most evidently against Miami. Perhaps Rix had the same mental block against Miami as Peyton Manning had against Florida, but either way he really stunk it up at times. That being said, when he was on there were very few better QBs than Rix, it was just when he was off he was really, really off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »