Home

Will this game have touch passing?

This is a discussion on Will this game have touch passing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Will this game have touch passing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
My idea for the passing game is to utilize the L and R triggers to pivot the QBs body towards the WR that he's throwing to.

For example, if you want to throw a slant to the left you would briefly hold the L trigger to move your QBs throwing stance into position, and then hit the button of the WR target while also being able to put touch on the ball with the joystick.

The pivoting of the QB would act almost as a passing cone in the sense that you have to line up your throws on your intended target. Except the cone itself would be removed.

I am picturing a range of motion in the pivot, where you could essentially pivot the QB 180 degrees with the triggers (or whatever amount is realistic based on how real QBs pivot their stance towards their throw). The accuracy and amount of touch the game allows your QB would be based on how well you set your QB up to throw.

On a swing pass, if you do not get your QB turned towards the throw with the trigger, the pass would still get there except it would usually make the running back stop in his tracks to catch it, instead of leading him up the field in stride with his route.

It would also allow someone to fake out the defense by pivoting slightly right and then pivoting back left to throw. When you are throwing straight over the middle, obviously no pivot would be necessary.

What I like about this setup is using the triggers to mimic the real way a QB has to position his head and his body before throwing. This could be done with the right stick, except there would be a delay because you would have to take your thumb off the right stick to hit the passing button. With the triggers, your thumb can hit the wr button immediately as you pivot to throw. So I think it would be very seamless if it was done with the L and R triggers.
that is a good idea but i'd have to play with it to see if it was doable. sounds interesting and somewhat like what lbzrule was saying they should do to get rid of the cone in madden too.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »