Home

New at Team Xbox!

This is a discussion on New at Team Xbox! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 AM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New at Team Xbox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Interesting in one video that the Carolina QB seems to drop back and plant without throwing immediately like the previous versions of NCAA did. I always loved the way 2k handled the QB drop backs automatically (especially the roll outs) and then basically let the player take over once the drop back completed choosing which receiver to throw to. More often than not, NCAA and Madden would pick a receiver and toss it to them as soon as the QB planted their back foot.

Hopefully my eyes dont deceive me
Starting with Madden 05, there was a setting under game options called " QB auto evade" (or something like that). When that was set to "on", the game handles qb drops in a manner similar to NFL 2k, i.e. if you don't touch the controls the qb will drop back the correct number of steps for the play and do their bounce but the cpu won't throw the ball. You could still take over control anytime you wished like before, but this way you didn't have to worry about the cpu deciding to throw the ball somewhere stupid.

I would love to see this added to NCAA as well, it's extremely helpful on timing routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #26
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

nice find, thxs!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Anticipating this one. The only thing I'm cautious of is the ease of the QB breaking the pocket. But of course that seems to be a staple in football games the last 3 years.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

These look much better than the IGN vids. The IGN guys of course didn't seem to know what they were doing, but in a way the game looks more polished in these videos for some reason. Weren't any noticeable defensive players getting flattened/pancaked after barely being touched. The post play reactions seemed much more natural, and they've removed much of the robotic walking motion that occurs - i's still there, but there's noticeably less of it. Players seem to take actual steps when being positioned before a play, something that's been missing in football games for the past couple years. People still seem anxious to get out of the pocket though. Looks a lot better.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #29
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

NCAA football is where EA shines. I am still a 2K guy when it comes to my Pro football, but EA does some wonderful things with college ball. I will hold off selling my 360 for this game.

Is it true that NCAA engine is usually based off of the prior years Madden? If that is the case Madden needs to make a new PRO engine because this engine works best for the college game and it shows.

I hope this game plays as well as it looks so far. If it does, we may have a great game on our hands!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
NCAA football is where EA shines. I am still a 2K guy when it comes to my Pro football, but EA does some wonderful things with college ball. I will hold off selling my 360 for this game.

Is it true that NCAA engine is usually based off of the prior years Madden? If that is the case Madden needs to make a new PRO engine because this engine works best for the college game and it shows.

I hope this game plays as well as it looks so far. If it does, we may have a great game on our hands!
Come on man, you can't sell the 360 already! LOL!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
That was the player. He knows how to play & plays realistic. Instead of droppin back 10 to 20 yrds he just stops at 3. Wish they would add the drop back & roll out animations but probably not this year. Any play with a drop longer than 7 yrs would be dead in football. Unless its brolen play of course.

But with that being said I'm getting weak for this game. Its beautiful

some West Coast offenses have 7 step drops. There is a one step, three step, five step, and a seven step drop. Being a Nebraska fan, you should know that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Come on man, you can't sell the 360 already! LOL!
Same thing Im thinking homie. 360 is a great system IMO, and its so early. I cant wait until next gen is the only thing developers look @. Can you imagine the games we'll get?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »