Home

NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

This is a discussion on NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #41
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
the 360 is well worth the $400. Even though I don't have an HDTV myself, there is a HUGE difference between graphics even on a standard TV. And if you play many sports games or other games besides NCAA and dont have a top notch PC (like me), the 360 is awesome yet expensive

If you only play NCAA i dont understand why someone would purchase a $400 system.
I just don't see it right now. I have a good pc and I play many text sim sports games. The ps2 has given me countless hours of fun and I'm quite happy at the NCAA 2007 feature list for the ps2 version.

My friend has one and none of the current sports games impress me.. I'm not an NBA fan, so....

Plus, I'm going to get a HDTV before I get anything, whether it be an Xbox 360 or ps3.

Maybe if I hadn't of bought my Yamaha R6, I would have a new TV and 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #42
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslcommissioner
I have both and the PS2 couldn't even act as a memory card for my 360, lol.

The 360 is where it is at, heck even the XBox would have been a great improvement over the PS2.

Get a 360, get happy quick!
Ok, maybe I can play MLB the show on a new 360... NOT!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:27 PM   #43
Rookie

OleMissRebel10's Arena

OVR: 3

Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissRebel10

exactly, thank you OleMissRebel10

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

PS2 version will play better than '04. Not sure about 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsmart77
PS2 version will play better than '04. Not sure about 360.
well that's no surprise, 2006 plays better than 2004

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #47
Rookie

brutusbuck45's Arena

OVR: 3
Exclamation Re: NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

What is the debate?!? If you want the system, buy it. If its not all that you thought it should be, return it. It is only 400 freaking dollars. Its not like buying a car or even a computer, for that matter. Heck, you don't even have to commit to buying a $60 game- rent a few games first. It is quite simple. I traded a PS2 and Xbox console with a few games and the trade value total topped $275. My 360 premier was $125 give or take a few bucks. That said, you likely won't be able to return the 360 and reacquire your trades. Nonetheless, there are options.

As far as whether one game can sell a system... NCAA '07 sold this to me (sight unseen). The E3 reviews (Best of Show) were encouraging enough to pursuade me. I really only play two or three games: total!

Also, the game previews on various sites do not suggest that current gen games will have more features than the 360. Contrarily, the previews may even suggest that the 360 version contains some additional features, albeit graphics-related.

My suggestion, live for today. Enjoy the 360 and what it has to offer. If you wait for a price point before you take the leap, you may be missing out on one of the best games of the year.

...two cents worth, anyway.

-Brutus
Old 07-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #48
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusbuck45
What is the debate?!? If you want the system, buy it. If its not all that you thought it should be, return it. It is only 400 freaking dollars. Its not like buying a car or even a computer, for that matter.

Also, the game previews on various sites do not suggest that current gen games will have more features than the 360. Contrarily, the previews may even suggest that the 360 version contains some additional features, albeit graphics-related.

My suggestion, live for today. Enjoy the 360 and what it has to offer. If you wait for a price point before you take the leap, you may be missing out on one of the best games of the year.

...two cents worth, anyway.

-Brutus
$400 bucks is before tax without games or extra controller. Some may think its not much but not everyone is willing to spend that much. For me, it would only be for NCAA football and that's too much money. If money wasn't an issue I would have bought a 360 by now. The fact you owned both a PS2 and Xbox suggests you don't have a problem spending a lot of money on video games.

The current gen version does have some extra features like the spring game and extra drills. The 360 version also may be lacking in some of the plays but that's still a bit unclear. Either way, the feature sets aren't that different and I don't think the differences will sway too many people since its not like Madden 360 was.

The 360 version may be great. No question the graphics are much better and the E3 reports were very encouraging. If the game holds up from criticism after release, it may be a system seller. However, I'm not willing to trade my PS2 in yet because I really like the Show which cannot be played on a 360. Due to Madden 360's debut and other EA first offerings in the past, people have legitimate concerns over how good the first version of NCAA 360 will be gameplay/AI wise. I will simply wait another year and if the 360 version is good, that just means that NCAA 2008 on the 360 would be that much better when I can afford it (after a price drop).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »