Home

NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

This is a discussion on NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #57
Rookie

magic6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA on PS2 or XBOX 360

There was an IGN article a few weeks back where they gave initial impressions with their advanced copy of the 360 version. Obviously the graphics were stunning, but they compared the dynasty mode depth to that of NCAA 1998. While I definatly like a great looking game, and I'm assuming that the 360 version and XBox/PS2 versions both play well, the real seller for me is the dynasty mode. Until the 360 improves on this aspect, I'm sticking with my XBox.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #58
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic6
There was an IGN article a few weeks back where they gave initial impressions with their advanced copy of the 360 version. Obviously the graphics were stunning, but they compared the dynasty mode depth to that of NCAA 1998. While I definatly like a great looking game, and I'm assuming that the 360 version and XBox/PS2 versions both play well, the real seller for me is the dynasty mode. Until the 360 improves on this aspect, I'm sticking with my XBox.
i have a current gen xbox and 360. i'll be buying the 360 version. if it truly sucks, back it goes for current gen. however, i truly doubt i'll be returning the 360 copy as most feedback as been encouraging. not flawless, but encouraging. and please consider the source (ign) when attempting to make decisions. ign can be the videogame equivalent of the enquirer.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:11 PM   #59
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I will be getting it for the PS2.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 07-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic6
Basing your purchase of a football game on IGN is a big mistake. They don't know beans about football. Secondly, the dynasty version is the same as the current gen with the exception of the spring game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #61
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
well that's no surprise, 2006 plays better than 2004

Yes, I agree completely. in 2006 I can call a Play-Action Pass, send my receiver on streaks and lob it to them for big gainers... even td's a lot of the time, with regularity.

I really don't even have to call any other plays to have success because it works at least once in every 4 plays. I never even have to punt the ball to the other team.

I couldn't do that in 2004. So like ODogg says, it's not surprising to me either because 2006 plays better than 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Stanley
Yes, I agree completely. in 2006 I can call a Play-Action Pass, send my receiver on streaks and lob it to them for big gainers... even td's a lot of the time, with regularity.

I really don't even have to call any other plays to have success because it works at least once in every 4 plays. I never even have to punt the ball to the other team.

I couldn't do that in 2004. So like ODogg says, it's not surprising to me either because 2006 plays better than 2004.
Yeah that's always worked too well in the NCAA series. We had to limit play action deep passes in our league in 04 because that was one guys favorite tactic. Offline bump up the defensive awareness helps though.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #63
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
that has got to be the dumbest statement ever, the ps3 controller doesn't even vibrate. no rumble feature whatsoever.

sony, in general, sucks. tell me if you have ever had a "disc read error?"
Nope, YOUR statement is the dumbest ever. Of all the things you could find to complain about when it comes to the PS3, you pick the lack of a Rumble feature? That's just plain frivalous. And there are plenty of people who have had 360 related disc reading problems, so it's not just the PS2 that has those problems on occasion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »