Home

Official Xbox Mag gives NCAA 2007 (Xbox) a 9.0

This is a discussion on Official Xbox Mag gives NCAA 2007 (Xbox) a 9.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
R**k**

OVR: 3
Official Xbox Mag gives NCAA 2007 (Xbox) a 9.0

Basically, the review says that this game is not an afterthought like a lot of Xbox games. Not a real deep review but very positive.

But they have a box with a preview of the 360 version that they did not review because it was not a final build. Evidently, the build they had had some AI issues: "...too susceptable to long bombs and breakout runs, so the games were unrealistically high scoring shootouts" But they said if EA fixes the AI that the rest of the game is great with a deep dynasty mode and it "looks sweet in high def." They did the right thing and put off the review until the final build, but if they had to choose right now, it was clear that they would have picked the xbox version for the better AI.

I hope EA made the right tweaks. Hell, I would rather wait a few weeks and have a later release than get a game that has too many big plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Xbox Mag gives NCAA 2007 (Xbox) a 9.0

Ugh...Thats a big hopefully for the big plays. Don't need another Madden '04.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

I'm ok with big play shootouts, its really whats needed if u are gonna get 500 yds of offense in a 20 min game. they made this change last year, and I bet this year they stick to it
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
Basically, the review says that this game is not an afterthought like a lot of Xbox games. Not a real deep review but very positive.

But they have a box with a preview of the 360 version that they did not review because it was not a final build. Evidently, the build they had had some AI issues: "...too susceptable to long bombs and breakout runs, so the games were unrealistically high scoring shootouts" But they said if EA fixes the AI that the rest of the game is great with a deep dynasty mode and it "looks sweet in high def." They did the right thing and put off the review until the final build, but if they had to choose right now, it was clear that they would have picked the xbox version for the better AI.

I hope EA made the right tweaks. Hell, I would rather wait a few weeks and have a later release than get a game that has too many big plays.

ugh, someone just p!ssed in my cheerios....i hope they fix the AI....crap.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

from the IGN board...

"ok i have an update from my buddy...he cant find his digital cam so he cant take scan pics but he typed me up some of the review..."

xbox 360 scouting report

We came so close to reviewing the xbox 360 version of ncaa o7 this issue. If we went to press one week later...bam! Thats what youd be reading in this space. WE played the nearly final version until we hummed fight songs in our sleep, but it just wasnt fair to judge it before Tiburon had implemented a final wave of tuning and bug fixes.

Still, we know lots of you will be trying to decide which version to buy, so we've got some practical advice and impressions to help point you in the right direction. Unlike madden's funbly bumbly 360 debut last winter, ncaa looks sweet in high def, not in an eye meltin way, but the lush stadiums, lifelike lighting, and wince inducing tackle animations are most 360 worthy.

Best of all, Tiburon strove to make a new game from the ground up, rather than just porting the original xbox version. That means a fantastic new playbook, an innovative in game HUD with pop up control maps, custom mini games, and even little touches like photo mode. Best of all, the peerless dynasty mode is as deep as always and ready to get you hopelessly hooked on taking your schools team to glorious heights.

The big question we're waiting to answer concerns the AI, on original XBOX, its been honed into tiptop shape over the years. But the unfinished 360 version we played was too suspectible to long bombs and breakout runs, so the games were unrealistically high scoring shottouts. If Tiburon stiches up the D before the season starts, it could be a tough choice between the two versions, especial given that the original xbox version is fifty instead of forty dollars,. But if the 360 defense is still swiss cheese, wed choose gameplay over graphics every time. get our verdict next issue

over and out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
ugh, someone just p!ssed in my cheerios....i hope they fix the AI....crap.

I hear ya. Sadly, I think we all know these AI issues won't be corrected before realease since it's pretty late in the day.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Were they playing on something higher than JV? I figured that it should be noted what difficulty they were playing on.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

I'm still getting ncaa this year but it really seems a lot like the game last year with very minor changes such as an expanded playbook etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »