Home

IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

This is a discussion on IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I dont get it. You post a short essay about a game youre not getting nor interested in, your my friend are confused.
Actually I though he was dead on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #42
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Yes Madden was as bad as everyone thinks. It was awful. Go to your local EB or Gamestop and see how many used copies they have. Better still, take YOUR copy into Gamestop/EB and enjoy the ONE DOLLAR in credit you will get for it. It was an awful game and if NCAA 07 is anything like it, it's going to be an awful game too. I'll reserve judgement until I play the game myself, but being compared to last year's Madden on the 360 is a huge black mark.
I've never been a big Madden fan, but I don't think Madden 360 was that bad. It was extremely feature-poor, but I don't the gameplay was bad at all.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #43
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Well we already know that the playbooks are different, which necessarily makes a gameplay difference, which makes you wrong.
From what I heard the playbooks were added to the 360 version & even with or without them its to same game with a graphics boost.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
From what I heard the playbooks were added to the 360 version & even with or without them its to same game with a graphics boost.
The things exclusive to the 360 version have been gone over time and time again. It isnt a port with better graphics.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #45
R**k**

OVR: 3

I wonder about the sliders. I know there are more attributes, but does that mean that there might be a slider where you could, for example, move the sliders up for the short passing game and move them down for the long passing game? That sort of flexibility would be great.

I take more stock in what the people posting here who have played the game at E3 have said - as these are guys who know the game and have a solid sports gaming background. Just watching those IGN videos makes it clear that those guys are arcade sports gamers. Nothing wrong with that - but they are just not the kind of guys who look at NCAA as a sim, but who look at it as a pick up and play with your buddy and joystick jockey around.

As for the dynasty being just a play the season and recruit and play another season, that is enough for me. Actually, the enhanced stats might add another dimension - as it may be possible to get a better feel for your team by checking the stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #46
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
The things exclusive to the 360 version have been gone over time and time again. It isnt a port with better graphics.
uh ok
Old 06-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #47
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
#1. Don't care about trick plays. Dam no fumblerooski! Like I give a crap. IGN gives a crap, I do not. Then again, they're all excited that Superstar mode is back in Madden, so consider the source.

#2. Don't care that spring practice isn't in there. Just don't. I never played the midnight madness game in Choops, so I wouldn't play the Spring Game either.

#3. I love that the player are 'heavier'. You could see that in the videos. Last year the game played way too fast. They needed to do that.

Can't wait, this gonna be awesome.
I agree with #1 and #2.... I'm scared of #3. I loved the way NCAA 06 played and hated the way Madden 360 played which felt heavier and less responsive... Unless they do it based on player attributes, body type, and/or position played... where more athletic types can move differently (tighter) than say 300 lb linemen.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #48
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

"The controls and physics feel much like Madden 06 on the 360, with sprint being mapped to the R-trigger and players, in general, having a bit of a heavier feel"

Cringes.

Anyone who thought the gameplay in Madden 360 was anything even close to good is crazy. Worst Game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »