Home

I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa

This is a discussion on I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa

I mean I understand for those who dont have a 360. But after watching ign videos and other game site videos and the master theater vidoe of the texas vs sooners game i am very impressed with the next gen ncaa more then the xbox version.

The xbox version looks and plays the same to me. Now the 360 version plays well as well and looks a million times better.

I care for gameplay and graphics.. I could care less about having espn the magazine covers and all that non-sense.. I want a dynasty mode where i play my games and try and win the championship and then i can recruit players and build like that.

And the next gen ncaa has that and the great graphics and tight gameplay from what i see on the videos...

Looking at the xbox version is like looking at a genesis game... To me its no match...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I dont get how anyone can choose the current gen ncaa

I choose current gen because I don't have the money to buy a 360. Even if I did, I wouldn't buy one just for one game, because the only video game I really play is NCAA. It's really very simple.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

People will also choose current gen for single player modes that aren't available on 360.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
ddeweil

OVR:

Or people will choose the current-gen versions because they do not like what they see from the 360 version. Simple as that.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeweil
Or people will choose the current-gen versions because they do not like what they see from the 360 version. Simple as that.
I'm just hoping the gameplay online is good on the 360. This is my online favorite game of all time, so it really all comes down to that.

I might end up with 2 versions of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Simply b/c of EA's track record with debuts on a new console. That fact alone almost gaurantees that 07 on the PS2/Xbox will be more polished, just without the obvious graphical upgrade. NCAA 2007 on the 360 might be good, but I'm willing to be 2008 will be amazing w/ all the kinks worked out.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Simply b/c of EA's track record with debuts on a new console. That fact alone almost gaurantees that 07 on the PS2/Xbox will be more polished, just without the obvious graphical upgrade.
Bingo, you nailed it. Graphics have a lasting effect of about a week, solid gameplay lasts for years.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

The jury's still out on the next gen version's AI. Watch the IGN Masterbit version of the current gen game. While the next gen version makes it look very pixelated and really makes it look like the 5+yr old game that it is, imo there are certain things gameplay related that actually look better. Directional changes/changes in speed by players seem to be better animated. I thought the tackles, catch, and running anims looked more varied. Passing mechanics by the QB seemed better in the current gen vid.

One non-related gameplay feature that stood out to me were the refs being on the field to place the ball and the chain gang marking out first downs, things that are noticeably missing in the next gen game once you realize they're not there. While there's some emotion being displayed after plays, post-play they all walk around at the same speed in next gen. Either way, right now the next gen version isn't far and away better at this point imo. I'm sure current gen has been long finished and they're likely still polishing the next gen version, so perhaps there's still improvements to come. I'm surprised no one's brought up the video of current gen NCAA yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »