Home

couple of new vids at ign

This is a discussion on couple of new vids at ign within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: couple of new vids at ign

Why do all IGN videos look like a$$?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Wow, if you watch closely the post AND the corner routes are wide open on this play...eesh
Old 06-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Wow, if you watch closely the post AND the corner routes are wide open on this play...eesh
No it wasn't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Why do all IGN videos look like a$$?
NOT when you watch them in HD like I did.

It's good to be an insider sometimes.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #13
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I really like that the replays are on the playscreen. I usually watch them for a week and then constantly skip them because games take forever.

As for the easy passes, I'm sure it's on a low difficulty level.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #14
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
I think they're hiding something from us on the opening presentation becasue again there was a quick shot (Miami it was the scoreboard, on this one ND's tunnel) then a slow pan out for the toss.

Either EA has some bad editing ideas or the IGN player is skipping something after the stadium shots.

Also, ND's kicker would get his *** kicked by Miami's kicker. At least ND's kicker dosen't look like a pro wrestler.

I agree. There was a brief second of the tunnel, and then the audio kind of skipped and we saw the coin toss. Corso never gave his pick. This has been a staple for as long as I can remember. There has to be more.

On the other hand, it's odd to see the coin toss screen without the team captains standing at mid-field.

I hope its not just the "look at the pretty stadium" pregame because a bunch of us will be playing with teams with generic stadiums. Watching a generic/fictitious Byrd Stadium every home game will be EA rubbing it in. "Yeah, we didn't have time to include your stadium in the game- buy hey, take a look at the pretty graphics we used to make this fake stadium that we made for your team. Oh, and we'll make no mention of any of your players either..."
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 PM   #15
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
I think they're hiding something from us on the opening presentation becasue again there was a quick shot (Miami it was the scoreboard, on this one ND's tunnel) then a slow pan out for the toss.

Either EA has some bad editing ideas or the IGN player is skipping something after the stadium shots.
I think RubenDouglas is right. It looks like they cut out the team intros with players running onto the field, etc. You can see the players already standing on the sidelines when the camera pans around the stadium. I can understand them wanting to "show off" the new stadium, but it would be cool if they did both (show stadium and player intros).

I like the way they put in visitors section (versus mixing visting fans with hometeam fans).

**INSERT WISHFUL THINKING**

Since they took out the team/player intros (as seen in current gen). Maybe they will begin to add team specific intros next year and/or in the coming years.

Last edited by nxt; 06-23-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
I agree. There was a brief second of the tunnel, and then the audio kind of skipped and we saw the coin toss. Corso never gave his pick. This has been a staple for as long as I can remember. There has to be more.

On the other hand, it's odd to see the coin toss screen without the team captains standing at mid-field.

I hope its not just the "look at the pretty stadium" pregame because a bunch of us will be playing with teams with generic stadiums. Watching a generic/fictitious Byrd Stadium every home game will be EA rubbing it in. "Yeah, we didn't have time to include your stadium in the game- buy hey, take a look at the pretty graphics we used to make this fake stadium that we made for your team. Oh, and we'll make no mention of any of your players either..."
how many generic stadiums are there, i wonder?

couldve they have extended the release date two weeks and use the resources from the generic stadiums and atleast get 10-15 more stadiums.. making 5-10 fake stadiums is pretty dang stupid when others couldve been made..i guess they wanted fake variety

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »