Home

couple of new vids at ign

This is a discussion on couple of new vids at ign within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2006, 02:46 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: couple of new vids at ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
how many generic stadiums are there, i wonder?

couldve they have extended the release date two weeks and use the resources from the generic stadiums and atleast get 10-15 more stadiums.. making 5-10 fake stadiums is pretty dang stupid when others couldve been made..i guess they wanted fake variety
I'd rather have a good variety of generic stadiums than 10 or 15 more real ones... I don't want to play a season with a team in a small conference and play in the same 2 or 3 stadiums all season. Just this year though, they all need to be in there next year.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't know about anyone else, but did you watch the LSU vs. Miami video's closely?

In the video with Russell throwing an incomplete pass and an INT/D PI, both times #75 from LSU was blocking at least 10 yards downfield by the time the ball was thrown, but illegal receiver downfield was not called, I don't know about you but little things like that would bother the heck out of me.

Also, the players legs seem to not move fast enough especially at top end speed.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #19
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
I don't know about anyone else, but did you watch the LSU vs. Miami video's closely?

In the video with Russell throwing an incomplete pass and an INT/D PI, both times #75 from LSU was blocking at least 10 yards downfield by the time the ball was thrown, but illegal receiver downfield was not called, I don't know about you but little things like that would bother the heck out of me.
I didnt look @ that before, however...........when someone makes a football game where the ONLY complaint is that the 'in-eligible man downfield' penalty was missed, I will be happy beyond words.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:17 PM   #20
DickDalewood

OVR:

Kickers don't look so bulky in these vids...

Old 06-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Kickers don't look so bulky in these vids...
wasn't the HGH'd kicker from "The U"? There is no rules there in real life so I think EA captured that pretty well.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #22
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
No it wasn't
Perhaps your watching a different vid than I saw...the TE does a post and catches the pass for the TD, but the slot receiver (labelled RB) does a corner route and is barely even covered.

The safety appears to pick up the TE and starts to run with the slot receiver (about 5 yards behind) before the pass is in the air. Once the pass is released the safety drops coverage on the slot receiver and tries to pick the TE up again but its too late.

The QB had 2 open options on the TD play, either the TE running the post, or the slot running the corner.

Not saying this a big deal...the O simply picked a play the D wasn't properly prepared for personell wise?

EDIT: Actually looks like the D blitzes both backers, leaving the secondary a man short for coverage. The O line simply picked up the blitz

Last edited by CptObvious; 06-24-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Perhaps your watching a different vid than I saw...the TE does a post and catches the pass for the TD, but the slot receiver (labelled RB) does a corner route and is barely even covered.

The safety appears to pick up the TE and starts to run with the slot receiver (about 5 yards behind) before the pass is in the air. Once the pass is released the safety drops coverage on the slot receiver and tries to pick the TE up again but its too late.

The QB had 2 open options on the TD play, either the TE running the post, or the slot running the corner.

Not saying this a big deal...the O simply picked a play the D wasn't properly prepared for personell wise?

EDIT: Actually looks like the D blitzes both backers, leaving the secondary a man short for coverage. The O line simply picked up the blitz

Well there is a reason that guy is open. The person on defense made a stupid call. This is why you never make your play call on D before knowing the offensive personnel on the field. The person on D calls LB Dogs Blitz which is a seven man blitz (blitzed all 3 backers 4-3 Over). That only leaves 4 men to cover. The offense has a Triple Right (TE, Slot, Flanker) and a Split End on the left and a HB that is a possible WR. Five possible receivers only 4 defenders to cover. Somebody is going to be open regardless. But the play action made it worse. I'm not mad guys are open. I'm more concerned with if I'm sending seven on defense he has 4 to 5 going out for pass which means he only has 5 to block. 7 against 5. Why does nobody get to the QB? That's the bigger question. Yeah someone is going to be open. Why are we slow getting to the QB when they only have 5 blockers? Most likely someone Mario Running on his teammate
Old 06-25-2006, 08:54 AM   #24
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Why are we slow getting to the QB when they only have 5 blockers? Most likely someone Mario Running on his teammate
Ok this is pretty fun so I decided to breakdown the play as well.

In the play there were two players that came free.

Weak Side Line Backer and the Impact Defensive end on the other side. 3 things occured that allowed the QB time to make the pass

1. The weak side Line backer sold out hard on the run I think he was (human controlled) but he still came free and eventaully pressured the QB but it was too late.

2. The TE released clean made no attempt at blocking the Impact Defensive End but he did cause the DE to alter his prusiut angle giving the Right Tackle a chance to recover to make a block.

3 Which brings me to the best part of the video... the strong side LB (that blitz inside the Defensive end) was pancaked by the Right Tackle, and then the Right Tackle recovered to block the Impact End who by that time had bit on the play action.

TD Notre Dame and some pretty decent interaction away from the ball. And no mario running to speak of on that play

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »