Home

The HB direct

This is a discussion on The HB direct within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The HB direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't agree with adding extra fumbles or bad snaps just because someone ran the play a few times in a row. That is simply an unrealistic cheat to level it out.
No, it's not an unrealistic cheat at all. This is why those plays aren't used in real life more often, a center has to snap it at an unusual angle to an RB and a RB, who isn't used to receiving snaps, has less experience getting them so the chance of a fumble is much, much, much more high than a regular center to QB snap. So upping the fumble % on the snap would both enhance realism and lessen peoples abuse of the play since it would carry the appropriate risk/reward factor.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2006, 02:12 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No, it's not an unrealistic cheat at all. This is why those plays aren't used in real life more often, a center has to snap it at an unusual angle to an RB and a RB, who isn't used to receiving snaps, has less experience getting them so the chance of a fumble is much, much, much more high than a regular center to QB snap. So upping the fumble % on the snap would both enhance realism and lessen peoples abuse of the play since it would carry the appropriate risk/reward factor.
I didn't say the fumble percentage shouldn't be increased, especially on the halfback direct. I have no problem with increased bad snaps on that play. My point was that you shouldn't increase the bad snaps solely because you are calling the play over and over. No way should the CPU be preprogrammed that if you call a HB direct three times in a row, the bad snap % should go up an extra 20% (just so you don't do it). Its completely unrealistic to increase what should be a set percentage only because somebody is calling it a lot. The percentage of a bad snap should not change on a play regardless of the times its used. Stopping people from abusing a money play or using the same play over and over needs to be done from a realistic point of view (like increasing defensive awareness) and not some artificial preprogrammed cpu cheat.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I didn't say the fumble percentage shouldn't be increased, especially on the halfback direct. I have no problem with increased bad snaps on that play. My point was that you shouldn't increase the bad snaps solely because you are calling the play over and over. No way should the CPU be preprogrammed that if you call a HB direct three times in a row, the bad snap % should go up an extra 20% (just so you don't do it). Its completely unrealistic to increase what should be a set percentage only because somebody is calling it a lot. The percentage of a bad snap should not change on a play regardless of the times its used. Stopping people from abusing a money play or using the same play over and over needs to be done from a realistic point of view (like increasing defensive awareness) and not some artificial preprogrammed cpu cheat.
I agree it shouldn't go up based on how much you use the play but if the play fumble % is realistically high enough from the beginning then using it more and more means sooner or later you will inevitably fumble. That is all that's really needed IMO to discourage it from being an occasional gadget play since people wouldn't want to risk fumbles, especially online where one possession the other way can often mean you're going to get an L.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I think it would be fixed if the defense would immediately recognize it if your opponent runs it more than twice in a game.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I think it would be fixed if the defense would immediately recognize it if your opponent runs it more than twice in a game.

Now that would be an unrealistic addition to the game.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Now that would be an unrealistic addition to the game.
Maybe limiting it to 2 times it too harsh but my point is that the defense should react to the play more quickly if the offense runs it too often.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #15
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Maybe limiting it to 2 times it too harsh but my point is that the defense should react to the play more quickly if the offense runs it too often.

A learning AI that reacted with better awareness if you keep running the same plays over and over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I agree it shouldn't go up based on how much you use the play but if the play fumble % is realistically high enough from the beginning then using it more and more means sooner or later you will inevitably fumble. That is all that's really needed IMO to discourage it from being an occasional gadget play since people wouldn't want to risk fumbles, especially online where one possession the other way can often mean you're going to get an L.
odag gets it on the button from a sim position. i'm with u.

these jack up the ratings ideas are cool from an arcade angle. kinda like the jailbreak in tecmo when you guessed the play right. kinda silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »